SSL AWS 900!

theblackmoon said:
The problem is having 2 full years with big projects....

Duality sure looks awesome...
well thats why you would set things up ahead of time then make the purchase. aka when you are known enough thats when you buy it. also I'm sure you'll have some sort of other form of income, so i doubt you are completely solely relying on your studio income to support yourself. if you are married your wife may have a part time job or something. its the 21st century lol...

point is keep a tight budget for that time and it'll be well worth it. besides with the quality of those preamps and EQ and all, you'll probably end up saving on buying that stuff as outboard equipment.

Frankie said:
hows it benefitted you mainly? im thinking about getting one. just as its nice to have your hands on faders when mixing.

Yeah, it's the real deal! Motorized faders! Worth every penny, even when it was $1500! I searched around, and it looks like it is discontinued. Tascam probably has an updated version, soon to come out.

zmetallica said:
also I'm sure you'll have some sort of other form of income, so i doubt you are completely solely relying on your studio income to support yourself. if you are married your wife may have a part time job or something. its the 21st century lol...

Can't speak for anyone else, but my wife hasn't had a job since 1999, and we have three kids too.

Gnash said:
Yeah, it's the real deal! Motorized faders! Worth every penny, even when it was $1500! I searched around, and it looks like it is discontinued. Tascam probably has an updated version, soon to come out.

It was initially discontinued in Europe because of the lead content in the unit apparently. If I start growing two heads....someone tell me. :zombie:

Otherwise, I love this thing. I'm still struggling with getting it to control channel eq's with Sonar, but need to dig a little deeper. I love having real faders again. It's addictive and makes me more inclined to spend yet more hours hiding from my girlfriend in my studio.

metalkingdom said:
Can't speak for anyone else, but my wife hasn't had a job since 1999, and we have three kids too.
yeah well i don't plan on having 3 kids, much less kids instantly after i get married. but yeah things can be hard, but what i do know is that if and when i marry i want my wife working and puttin in a share of the income. in my area it is practically the only way to pay rent and live comfortably anyway.

zmetallica said:
yeah well i don't plan on having 3 kids, much less kids instantly after i get married. but yeah things can be hard, but what i do know is that if and when i marry i want my wife working and puttin in a share of the income. in my area it is practically the only way to pay rent and live comfortably anyway.

Trust me, we didn't "plan" on the three! :loco:

It's more expensive where I am (and was) than where you are. I was just trying to show you that there are people out there who make plenty of cash doing this.

There's a European law on the amount of lead content a product is supposed to have. Apparently there's a load of lead in the frame of the US-2400. Personally, I just think Tascam are saying that to get out of developing better compability with DAW's :)

Lead's toxic and can lead to loads of health problems - the likes of kidney failure and reduced IQ (no hope there). Maybe my US-2400 is why I'm going bald :D

metalkingdom said:
Trust me, we didn't "plan" on the three! :loco:

It's more expensive where I am (and was) than where you are. I was just trying to show you that there are people out there who make plenty of cash doing this.
haha yeah one can make a shit load, but i never bet on it. always good to have a back up plan. as you said, you can't plan on when you have kids, but you can decide when to stop. I'm really interested in doing studio work as more of a 'hobby' at first and focus on venues and possibly music publishing. we'll see where that stuff takes me though lol