ST. LOUIS MO SHOW

M

METAL

MAJOR LEAGUE KICK ASS SHOW. THE GUYS IN SAXON DELIVERED THE GOODS LAST NIGHT HERE IN ST. LOUIS. A VERY SMALL SHOW BUT VERY GOOD FOR THE FANS OF THE BAND. THE SHOW OFFERED UP THE GREATEST SONGS OF THE BAND BUT THEY DID FOCUS ON THE NEW ALBUM KILLING GROUND.
I DID SEE KILLING GROUND SHIRTS FOR SALE AT THE VENUE FOR YOU FANS THAT HAVE NOT SEEN THE BAND YET.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN NIBBS CARTER YET ARE YOU IN FOR A TREAT. THIS GUY THRASHES TO EVERY SONG AND REALLY WORKS THE BASS. OVERALL, A REAL GOOD SHOW.
AFTER THE GIG A FRIEND AND MYSELF WENT OUT TO THEIR TOUR BUS AND BIFF WAS JUST COMING OUT. AWESOME DUDE! VERY FRIENDLY AND SIGNED THE NEW CD FOR US. ALL THE GUYS SIGNED STUFF FOR THE FANS BUT NIBBS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST PERSONALITIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. VERY FRIENDLY AND HAS A REAL INTEREST IN THE FANS. HATS OFF TO YOU DUDE! YOUR THE BEST!
LETS HOPE SAXON DOES A LARGER U.S. TOUR SOON.
THANKS AGAIN SAXON FOR A GREAT GIG!

I agree, the band totally rocked the house. Too bad there weren't more people there, but for those of us who were it was a special treat.

We showed up at 6:45p.m. and could not believe that we were first in line. I can't imagine more than 200 people being in the crowd. This was the fourth time that I had seen Saxon in the St. Louis area. The size of the crowd did not matter to the band. They gave all that they could and I enjoyed the hell out of it!!! Being able to take pictures from the front row was an incredible experience. It was classic Biff when he Stated "we're not here to take request". I wish they would have played 747 and other oldies, but their new songs sounded great as well. This was the first time we saw Nibbs on bass, and he literally blew us away. What a talent they have there. The band was very gracious after the show and signed everything that came their way. Biff signed my album cover strong arm metal, then refused to give my marker back to me. It was classic. He did finally relent my marker after he signed several other things and we all had a good laugh as I recited quotes to him from the eagle has landed like "Your not gettin tired are ya, and I want to see people dyin from exhaustion allright". Paul was also a true gentleman and we had a great conversation. I told him that it was a shame that the promotional company didn't to a better job at getting the info about this show to the public. The Pop's show wasn't even listed on pollstar? Either Saxons management or Pop's pulled a major boner on this one. I truly believe that we could have drawn at least 1,000 people if they would have just gotten the word out. Anyway, I felt very privileged that Saxon came back to the midwest after an 18 year hiatus. I hope that if they ever tour the states again, that they don't hold this small crowd against us. Thanks for a great night Saxon, we had the time of our lives!!!

You are right about Nibbs! He is a true gentlemen. He hung out with us at the Long Island show for over an hour. The whole band were friendly. It really made the night special meeting them after being a fan for 18 years.