STAIND's AARON LEWIS Safe After Plane Scare

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STAIND frontman Aaron Lewis was forced to cancel his appearance Saturday night (September 20) at the BOK Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma after a private charter jet he was a passenger on veered off the taxiway and got stuck in mud. Lewis had been filming a segment for his TV show "On The Road" for the Sportsman Channel in Texas and was on his way to Tulsa when the incident occurred."Aaron was set to depart from Warton, Texas Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m." stated a BOK Center press release. "Aaron and the television crew were tracking teal duck for his reality hunting show. After the shoot, the flight was to depart for Tulsa, Oklahoma, where Lewis was scheduled to appear [Saturday night] at the BOK Center after Brian Davis and Chase Bryant as direct support to Brantley Gilbert on the 'Let It Ride' tour."Said Lewis in a statement: "I'm so glad that we are safe. However, I am really sorry that the fans in Tulsa were disappointed and let down with me not making [Saturday night's] show. I promise I'll be back in Tulsa soon."Lewis' first full-length country album, "The Road", came out in November 2012 via Blaster Records through Warner Music Nashville. STAIND played just a handful of shows this year, with Lewis devoting much of 2014 to solo shows.The last STAIND album, a self-titled effort, came out in 2011. The band does not yet have plans to enter the studio.Guitarist Mike Mushok told the Midland Daily News back in May about the band's future, "It's got to be something that Aaron wants to do. I always enjoy writing with [Aaron] and I look forward to it. We complement each other. He makes what I do better."
aaronlewisplanerunway.jpg

More...