Stairway to Heaven

The Pink Floyd and Weird Al ones were funny because they're obviously intentionally done (I had done the Pink Floyd one myself a few years ago because I had heard it and wanted to know what they were saying). I thought the rest were dumb and a far reach, though the Eminem one had me laughing.

Ever notice that the people who notice all these "Satanic" reversed lines are deranged Christians? Makes you wonder what's really going on in THEIR heads because to everyone else it's jibberish.

MountainDweller said:
The Pink Floyd and Weird Al ones were funny because they're obviously intentionally done. I thought the rest were dumb and a far reach, though the Eminem one had me laughing.

Ever notice that the people who notice all these Satanic reversed lines are deranged Christians? Makes you wonder what's really going on in THEIR heads because to everyone else it's jibberish.

Meh. Possible.

Dude, the eminem one is hilarious. But... so intentional.

and it makes me wonder!
I played it a lot of times and it's not true. And Floyd did it porposly: "If you can hear this is because you are dying"

and.. I'm new, from argentina.. yeah...
bye

Ever tried turning The Grand Conjuration backwards? You can hear Mike whispering Slake My Thirst, Heathen Key, ETC. while whispering in his growling voice. Its awesome.

Can someone explain the Pink Floyd and Eminem ones? I wanna here this.

Edit: ok im an idiot, there both on there.

Edit2: wait the pink floyd one isnt. Where is it on DSOTM?

blimey said:
Yeah. The whole thing backwards is supposed to make sense as well.

Its like going up the Stairway, to heaven, and going down (in reverse), to hell.

Dude, thats one helluva description. Didn't thought about that. Stairway to Heaven...Stairway to Hell...:headbang:

blimey said:
Yeah. The whole thing backwards is supposed to make sense as well.

Its like going up the Stairway, to heaven, and going down (in reverse), to hell.

Yea, that makes sence. It's actually pretty cool, after most of these songs were written, there was alot of contiversy over hidden satinic content. Except back then, in the dawn of modern recording, these "hidden messages" seemed more supernatural and less intentional. Most believed it was satain speaking thru "evil" rock music, and corrupting our youth. I have to admit, it is actually pretty creepy listining to it.

One of the coolest videos I ever saw was called "Hell's Bells" (not by AC/DC) and it was put out by these christian fundamentalists who really put the "fun" in fundamental. It's from the early 90's, I think. They talk about all sorts of bands, from Venom to Fleetwood Mac (who are deemed worse than the overtly satanic bands, believe it or not). It's crazy. Apparently in a Rush song, there's a backmasked message "walls of Satan", whatever the hell that means. And the only type of music they seem to condone is in 3/4, which goes back to the holy trinity, I guess. Entertaining viewing, though. I laughed my ass off.

did you know that the beginning of stairway to heaven is a note for note rip off of a song called "taurus" by Spirit, i dont think the rest is cause i only heard the beginning. i found an artcle on how page ripped off a few of their bigger songs. i think whole lotta love and communication breakdown (which was originally like "Nervous Breakdown" or somethin) were among them. i'm still a big fan though. page was one of the biggest studio musicians in the area so after playin other peoples work he's bound to rip somethin off.

russiaonice said:
did you know that the beginning of stairway to heaven is a note for note rip off of a song called "taurus" by Spirit, i dont think the rest is cause i only heard the beginning. i found an artcle on how page ripped off a few of their bigger songs. i think whole lotta love and communication breakdown (which was originally like "Nervous Breakdown" or somethin) were among them. i'm still a big fan though. page was one of the biggest studio musicians in the area so after playin other peoples work he's bound to rip somethin off.

Zeppelin were the biggest plagiarizers in rock history. The Lemon Song is one song they ripped off from another band (I can't remember what band) and it wasn't the original title.

In Sentient 6 by Nevermore (from This Godless Endeavor) there's a backward messege which goes, "-something repeated 4 or 5 times, can't make it out- I am the bringer of the end, hear me. I am the beast that is technology." I'll upload it to rapidshare or something else if anyone wants to hear it, or see if they can make out the first part.
:p