Stanne and I

The Fourth Horseman: Would you please remove that picture. It is stealing bandwidth from my account and if people want to see my ugly face, they should have to choose to do so themselves, not be subjected to it by reading this thread.

Would I...stealing...wha? Come again? You mean the other thread? Well the message is pretty pointless without the picture...do you mind if I link it?

I don't understand how this could end up in this thread. I am 100% sure I posted it in the pic thread. Would you be so kind to remove the pic of me and the band you posted there, thank you.

Sure. Don't get worked up, pal. When you "advertise" your photo gallery in a thread you might just as well mention that no one is supposed to do anything in public (this board for now) with them.

hey why most metalguys try to look evil and pose with fingerhorns open mouth and so on????
I also have a pic of stanne and me and there he he poses like hell( I just smile:) )
its a cool pic but why cant the metalheads smile or look stylish ???
always these posershows...is this necessary?

Depends...I haven't seen any pictures of Mikael Åkerfeldt doing that open-mouth-horns-looking-metal kinda thing, but I guess it's a personality thing.
Maybe rock, and metal, music isn't that much about style. :)

@solefald: unfortunately, most metalheads expect some pose out of their idols. they want pictures featuring people who are so blatantly "partying hard" that there could be no possible mistake for anybody watching that they're, say, just having mild fun or - god forbid - feeling slightly tired and bored. after all, let's not forget metal shows are attended by teens or post-teens who haven't changed their music tastes radically in the previous six years and therefore still feel very close to the high-school mentality that doesn't care much about shades of grey. i roll my eyes at niklas whenever he does the horns, and then he just does it some more as an inside joke. ;)

rahvin said:
@solefald: unfortunately, most metalheads expect some pose out of their idols. they want pictures featuring people who are so blatantly "partying hard" that there could be no possible mistake for anybody watching that they're, say, just having mild fun or - god forbid - feeling slightly tired and bored. after all, let's not forget metal shows are attended by teens or post-teens who haven't changed their music tastes radically in the previous six years and therefore still feel very close to the high-school mentality that doesn't care much about shades of grey. i roll my eyes at niklas whenever he does the horns, and then he just does it some more as an inside joke. ;)
What?

its not that I dont like people posing or Im not doing it but nearly on all pics with metalheads its just the same.
on stage its ok to make a show but always pretending to be so hard and evil and the big partyanimal...well Im getting old with 25
hm wait, I have a pic of mierzko of nasum together with me and there we dont pose like rockstars

solefald: the thing is, i think it is, like rahvin said about him and niklas, very often more of an (inside) joke than anything even remotely serious. even more so in the case of for example stanne, who at least i have got the impression isn't the most "trying to be gr1m" person on this earth...

Is there anyone who actually takes the stereotypical metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahl posing seriously? I kinda doubt it ;) Well, except for young impressionable people then, who try to be gr1m. The rest of us, I imagine, only see it as a joke, which has been pointed out by other posters. Sowwy.

See and see.
Immortal certainly doesn't! Note Abbath's open zipper in the latter picture.

I don't think the metal horns thing is a joke per se, but there's no reasoning behind using it beyond "it's cool" for me.

Got to agree with Erik's comment about rahvin's post though. It made me confused, but I wasn't really able to elaborate why.

well the second pic with abbaths open zipper I know. he was on the cover of germanys biggest death/blackmetalmagazine legacy.
thats why immortal split up, because they lost their evil image and noone took them seriously anymore

solefald said:
they lost their evil image and noone took them seriously anymore
it tells something about their intelligence, the fact that it took an open zipper for them to realise that. :p

TheFourthHorseman said:
Got to agree with Erik's comment about rahvin's post though. It made me confused, but I wasn't really able to elaborate why.
Probably because it has just about the most condescending shit post I've ever read, and that on something that is supposed to be a metal board. Yeah, rahvin, you've "grown out" of metal. Good for you, listen to all the shitty electronica you want, but blatant disrespect and ridicule for those of us who still have some sort of dedication to metal and feel no need to change our music tastes every 6 years as if it somehow would make us more knowledgeable makes me rather sick. Fuck off nowadays "metal is juvenile and silly, ha ha look at that 14-year old headbanging, what an immature kiddie" attitude.

Erik said:
Probably because it has just about the most condescending shit post I've ever read, and that on something that is supposed to be a metal board. Yeah, rahvin, you've "grown out" of metal. Good for you, listen to all the shitty electronica you want, but blatant disrespect and ridicule for those of us who still have some sort of dedication to metal and feel no need to change our music tastes every 6 years as if it somehow would make us more knowledgeable makes me rather sick. Fuck off nowadays "metal is juvenile and silly, ha ha look at that 14-year old headbanging, what an immature kiddie" attitude.
"what?" at least sounded as if you had tried to read my post. :lol: