Startin' Up A Posse and Milk

they played starting up a posse on stomp tour,u would be surprised at how great posse sounds live,nearly the highlight of the show,not sure about milk.

I dunno? I remember they played Parasite, and of course Bring The Noise when I saw 'em with PE in '91. I'd love to hear Pipeline and Sects off the Killer B's album! Posse and Milk would RULE too!:headbang:

I remember the Stomp tour. I think they sounded tight as shit then !! Scott's guitar tone had so much more chorus. Definitely some of my fondest memories of seeing this band. Paul Crook sounded good with them too. And the dude was Spitz's roadie just before he took over the lead duties. I think the reason why so many people ditched this band after that was because they never gave the guy the credit he was due and made him a real member as opposed to a hired gun. I loved the way he used that octave wah pedal that Scott started doing and Joey Z does.

I'd LOVE it if they played something off Killer B's when I see
em Oct 15 in London! I doubt it 'cause the setlist looks like stuff from STD and ATL mostly. I guess 'cause Anthrax is the opening band, they don't have the time to play everything! :lol: Anthrax could play anything from Fistful to Killer B's and I'd be happy! I'm looking forward to a headlining tour with this lineup though!:headbang:

AlexStomp said:
I remember the Stomp tour. I think they sounded tight as shit then !! Scott's guitar tone had so much more chorus. Definitely some of my fondest memories of seeing this band. Paul Crook sounded good with them too. And the dude was Spitz's roadie just before he took over the lead duties. I think the reason why so many people ditched this band after that was because they never gave the guy the credit he was due and made him a real member as opposed to a hired gun. I loved the way he used that octave wah pedal that Scott started doing and Joey Z does.

good point but crook was so damn talented his efforts are better elsewhere,i am sure he is real happy where his career is now,anthrax did him a favour more or less.

Crook and Caggiano on double lead duties, Bush on vox, Vinnie Paul on the skins and Vera on Bass. Will someone please offer these motherfuckers a big ass contract and world tour!!!?!!?!??!!? "Cause yesterday don't mean shit !!!!!!"

mrthrax said:
good point but crook was so damn talented his efforts are better elsewhere,i am sure he is real happy where his career is now,anthrax did him a favour more or less.
Crook got shafted. Always an "unofficial" member through 2 tours and an album, then never really given an opportunity to become "official", then finds out AFTER they hire Rob that his services are no longer needed.

As great a guitarist as he was, however, he was kind of a lifeless stump on stage. Still, have the decency to show him some respect. Between Paul, Dan, and Rob, I don't necessarily have a preference as to who plays on the album, but having seen'em all live, Rob adds the most to the live show, and his energy fits the best with the rest of the band.

nafnikufesin said:
Crook got shafted. Always an "unofficial" member through 2 tours and an album, then never really given an opportunity to become "official", then finds out AFTER they hire Rob that his services are no longer needed.

As great a guitarist as he was, however, he was kind of a lifeless stump on stage. Still, have the decency to show him some respect. Between Paul, Dan, and Rob, I don't necessarily have a preference as to who plays on the album, but having seen'em all live, Rob adds the most to the live show, and his energy fits the best with the rest of the band.

I agree. Crook nailed all the solos perfectly, though when I saw them live, he always seemed to be the odd one out...still I think he was the best Anthrax lead guitarist technicalwise.
I don't think he liked being treated by Anthrax guys the way he was, hence his MS 20Q.

DarbysDad said:
Crook when on to better things like the Queen tribute in Vegas where he could show off his mad skills.

Let us not forget Meat Loaf, but I doubt he's gonna play Dimebag Darrell leads there.

i def fell privledged to see paul crook live with anthrax,come to think of it i have saw 3 different anthrax line ups,not bad when i have only seen them 5 times,i wasnt dissing paul but he is much better off as has been proven by the gigs he got.

johnnieCzech said:
I agree. Crook nailed all the solos perfectly, though when I saw them live, he always seemed to be the odd one out...still I think he was the best Anthrax lead guitarist technicalwise.
I don't think he liked being treated by Anthrax guys the way he was, hence his MS 20Q.
I've just read those.

1995 = The year I wasn't asked to join Anthrax
1997 = The year I still wasn't asked to join Anthrax

Fun reading.