State of Origin, game 1

Who will be the winners of game one of State of Origin?

• The mighty Maroons!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The dastardly and not-all-that-good Blues!!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • The fans!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Channel 9!!

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
It's state against state. Mate against mate. Bennett vs Gould, Tallis vs Johns, QLD vs NSW. It's the toughest sport in the world (even tougher than that pansy UFC!), and its centrepiece begins tonight.

So, who will win tonight's game?

NEVER! Those no helping to promote the game Queenslanders dont deserve anything less that a thrashing.

They should dump Wayne Bennett, he is an absolute embarrassment to the game!

Oh and another thing, Wayne Bennetts STUPID instructions to the players to go for a try if given a penalty that could draw the game, all because he doesnt want it to go into extra time :(

I got this in an e-mail.....gave me aa chuckle,
STATE OF ORIGIN

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a NSW State of
Origin fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are NSW
State of Origin fans too. Not really knowing what a NSW State of Origin
fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands fly into
the air.

There is, however, one exception. Janet has not gone along with the
crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.
"Because I'm not a NSW State of Origin fan," she answers. "Then," asks
the teacher, "what are you?" "I'm a QLD State of Origin fan" boasts the
little girl.

The teacher asks Janet why she is a QLD State of Origin fan. "Well,
my
Dad and Mum are QLD State of Origin fans, so I'm a QLD State of Origin
fan too" she responds. "That's no reason," the teacher says. "What if
your mum was a moron and your dad was an idiot. What would you be
then?"
Janet smiles and says, "Then I'd be a NSW State of Origin fan".

What a game!!! That was one of the best I've seen for years. Great result too!:D

Phil Bailey had a shocker. I'm sure he'll do better in game 2. And up until he scored that first try (thanks to Andrew Johns) Minichello looked very much like a rookie, but after that he was great.

Yeah I was wondering what the hell Minichello was doing letting the ball bounce and taking so long to pick it up after kicks... But he kicked into gear after about 20 minutes.

Phil Bailey didnt do too badly, he dropped the ball, but he was thrown on in the second half, he didnt really have time to settle in!

But our last 20 minutes was fantastic, as usual Johns led the way, the man is a freak. Kennedy and Ricketson both played really well too.

Was that surface an absolute disgrace or what?

Good game, but Justin Hodges was supposed to score three or four tries to make up for last year and didn't get the chance. The Qld side was just Lockyer, Sing, Hegarty, Marsh, Flannery and Tallis carrying the rest of them. They'll be right for the next one, though - don't expect many changes to the side except to make up for injuries.