Steel For An Age Fanzine

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
I cant stop pushing this great fanzine. It is nice to still so someone still taking the time to make a quality zine. The one thing that really stands out is that all the interviews are actually interesting. It isnt just filled with badly writen band bio's and stuff.

here is the web site....I highly suggest ordering it. There are two issues out. Full color covers. Black and white inside. heavy set paper. Not a cheap zerox thing.

Issue one has interviews with Darkest Era, Cage, Hurlement, Emerald and tons others. Lots of great and honest reviews. It is nice to see someone not giving something a good review just because it is a classic band.'

Issue two has a real long and very interesting interview with Manilla Road, Borrowed Time, Questions of Madness, Trial, Midnight Preist, Evil -Lyn and tons more. Lots of great reviews as well.

I like to read while going poop so this is the best thing I can recommend since there are shorter interviews and longer ones when you really have to go.

here is a link for the web site .....

http://www.steelforanage.holysword.gr/

I actually ordered this zine along w/ Cimmerian Shadows 1&2 earlier this week. I'll give my full thoughts and opinions once I make my way through, which I'm sure EVERYONE is looking forward to

I think you will like it. It is really well done and doesnt come off as cheap. This is what a fanzine should be.

I've seen the PDF for issue 1 that they have on their site and it's great. Issue 2's lineup is much better so I was sold.

Have you grabbed Chips & Beer zine? It's the best zine around IMO. It's even made its way into BooksAMillion haha.

I've seen the PDF for issue 1 that they have on their site and it's great. Issue 2's lineup is much better so I was sold.

Have you grabbed Chips & Beer zine? It's the best zine around IMO. It's even made its way into BooksAMillion haha.

I will look for it today. I am glad there are still solid zines around. It is doable if you keep the interviews more about the band history and stuff. This is what killed me with so many of the bigger magazines. It was always just about the new album and that was it so it was very dated and you never really got any info about the band itself.

black? well you know where I live so that answers you question.

hahahahahaha.........

Yeah, the concept of fanzines was always really cool.
I wonder how well they sell.
It would be so hard to market those things.
What would be cool is how some of the Greek ones do exclusive CDs to give away with them.
some bigger ones have been teaming up with bigger labels to release a full length to give away with it.
I think Metal Hammer or someone did that with the new Manowar.
Classic Rock did that with the last Motorhead.

hahahahahaha.........

What would be cool is how some of the Greek ones do exclusive CDs to give away with them.
some bigger ones have been teaming up with bigger labels to release a full length to give away with it.

They still do just fine. Not 10,000 copies of each zine sold fine, but enough so that there's a market for them, some go for a lot of money, some sell out quickly, and some stay in distros forever and ever and ever. The zine world is doing great. Lots of quality these days too. Lots of shit, but lots of quality as well.

hahahahahaha.........

Steel for an Age came with a cd comp as well.