STEEL PANTHER Talks To STAR FM In Berlin (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
On February 25, Star FM conducted an interview with guitarist Satchel (real name Russ Parrish; ex-FIGHT) and singer Michael Starr (real name Ralph Saenz; ex-L.A. GUNS) of Los Angeles glam-metal jokesters STEEL PANTHER in Berlin, Germany. You can now watch the chat below.STEEL PANTHER is the '80s metal/hard rock tribute band formerly known as METAL SKOOL. Onstage, the band both pays tribute to and lampoons the heyday of '80s glam metal. The group's between-song comedy includes jests at conflict between bandmembers, discussions of drugs, sex, and improvised humor with the crowd.Regarding naysayers that say STEEL PANTHER is a joke-metal band, the group's drummer Stix Zadinia told the South Bend Tribune: "Listen to our record and tell us that our songs aren't better than most of the bands out there. How funny is that? At the end of the day, it comes down to the songs. I think our songs — without sounding egotistical — I think our songs are great. When you hear the hooks in our songs, you hear the playing and you hear the vocals, you throw that up against any band in any era, and I think it stands up."STEEL PANTHER will release its third full-length album, "All You Can Eat", in the United States on April 1 on Open E Records via Kobalt Label Services (KLS). The 12-song CD, which was produced by Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, ADRENALINE MOB), is available for pre-order at SteelPantherRocks.com.

More...