Steel Panther...

Wasn't Metal Skool a cover band, though?

They had a couple of original songs, and did put out a CD. I saw them a bunch of times, and their stage act was 100% covers though. It was mostly just a 80s spoof kind of performance, though I swear, a lot of people didn't get the joke. There would always be drunk college chicks trying to hook up with the band, etc. Funny show though, I miss being able to go to that, even though it's nice to see these guys take it up a notch.

I do sort of wonder how that will go though. They were doing very well ($$$) doing the schtick cover band, but I wonder how things will go once that stops. I don't know if there is enough of a market for the kind of original stuff they're doing.

MetalMadman, you know that I'm a fan of you and your show...so I can't be much of a prude if I dig your show! :) With that said, I totally agree that they actually put 100% into their live show and what they are doing. Judging from the YouTube live footage that I've watched you can tell that their performances aren't the "train wrecks" of many 80's, veteran bands that are still playing live today.

I've really been listening to these guys alot within the last few days. The lead singer can hang with anyone out there in my opinion! He has a damn fine voice! Quite frankly, I'd rather hear him front Journey than Arnel any day of the week!

~Brian~

As always thanks for your support! Glad to see you coming around to the band!

I don't know if there is enough of a market for the kind of original stuff they're doing.

1. My guess is they're making 100x more money now as Steel Panther than they ever did as any other incarnation of the band.

2. Weird Al is still putting out albums, and still touring... so my guess is, they'll be just fine ;)