Stereo Ribbon Microphone Group Buy

theonlymagicalpig

ribbon junkie
Apr 15, 2007
myspace.com
Hi all!

I've been told it would be ok to advertise about this group buy here.

It is for a stereo ribbon mic we'll order direct from a chinese manufacturer.
There was a message board created just for the group buy, check it out.

Here are photos and specs

Here is the list to put your name on

If you browse the web with google you can find the same mic selling from a US dealer for more than twice this price. Type ' stereo ribbon microphone sample ' and you'll find out which mic I'm talking about and you can listen to drums and saxophone audio clips recorded with this mic.

195$ per microphone, all expenses included.
365$ for two microphones or more, all expenses included.
(buyers from countries other than EU, USA, Canada might have additional shipping charges in the 20 US$ range)

When you buy one microphone you get :

- the stereo ribbon mic in itself
- the shockmount
- a wooden case for the microphone
- a splitter box and cable that runs from mic to splitter box. You'll need two XLR cables to get the stero signal out of the splitter box.
- shipping charges to your home
- a limited warranty for defects

The warranty is :

I will order 1 extra microphone per 10 units and a few extra ribbon motors for repair. So if you receive a broken unit you can send it back to me, if I can't repair it I'll send a replacement mic free of charge. The return shipping charges would be on your part though.
The warranty is limited 1. In number. But I think more than 10% defect units are VERY unlikely 2. In time : once I have sent every mic, I'll wait a few weeks so can check for defects.

For non-UE residents :

I'll send the packages as gift, which IMO is fair as you will already have paid for taxes. Basically the transaction is like : you give some money to one of your friends so he can buy something in his country and he sends it back to you...

Money will be sent to my e-mail address [theonlymagicalpig@yahoo.com]

Subscribing stops on wednesday, and I'll start gathering the payments at the same time subscribing ends.
There are 90 microphones on the list at the moment...

For more info, please check out the board, or send me an email...

Victor.

Hi!

I'm happy to announce the group buy will take place as we got enough subscriptions on the list to reach the minimum amount to order direct from the chinese manufacturer.

I will start to gather the payments by Paypal ONLY, in US dollars ONLY. Starting from today, I will wait three weeks for the payments. I will then place the order. Payments are to be made on this address theonlymagicalpig@yahoo.com. Don't forget to write me a word with your address, number of mics and so on to make it easy for me to sort this thing out.

Below is a recap of what the group buy is for and all the details about what it includes / exclude, how long we'll wait until we have the mics and so on...

1. THE MICROPHONE

Specifications

* Type: Stereo Ribbon Microphone
* Ribbon Dimensions: 2.5 micron thick
*Polar pattern: Figure 8
*Sensitivity: -52 dB (+/- 2 dB)
*Frequency response: 30 to -15,000 Hz (+/- 3dB)
*Rated Impedance : 600 Ohms
*Max.SPL (1% THD @1000 Hz): 130 dB
*Connector: Heavy gauge 5-Pin male XLR

Photos

stereoribbon01-1.jpg
stereoribbon03.jpg
stereoribbon02.jpg

When you buy one microphone you get :

- the stereo ribbon mic in itself with a custom figure 8 pattern engraved on the front of the mic
- the shockmount
- a wooden case for the microphone
- a splitter box and cable that runs from mic to splitter box. You'll need two XLR cables to get the stero signal out of the splitter box.
- shipping charges to your home
- a limited warranty for defects

2. PRICE

198$ per microphone, all expenses included.
368$ for two microphones or more, all expenses included.

The slight raise in price is due to Paypal fees who are in fact more expensive than what I thought; I must have misunderstood how it worked.

For non EU, USA or Canada residents, please contact me before sending any money as there will be extra shipping charges for you(around 18/20 US$)

3.THE WARRANTY

It's quite simple : I will order 1 extra microphone per 10 units and a few extra ribbon motors for repair. So if you receive a broken unit you can send it back to me, if I can't repair it I'll send a replacement mic free of charge. The return shipping charges would be on your part though.
The warranty is limited 1. In number. But I think more than 10% defect units are VERY unlikely 2. In time : once I have sent every mic, I'll wait a few weeks so can check for defects.

4.WAIT TIME

From today there will be three weeks for payment, 40 days of boat shipping, a week for taking care of customs (it shouldn't be that long, but you never know with customs) and maybe two or three weeks to send all the mics, a week to get the microphone to your home. That's a bit more than 3 months which takes us to mid-June. I know it's a long time to wait but airmailing the microphones from Shangai would have been WAY too expensive.

5.SOME MORE INFO

For non EU residents and customs charges, I'll send the packages as gift, which IMO is fair as you will already have paid for taxes. Basically the transaction is like : you give some money to one of your friends so he can buy something in his country and he sends it back to you...

For more info, please check out the board at http://www.freepowerboards.com/stereoribbon/index.php or send me an email. I'll answer to everyone, including on the forums, just give me some time.

Thanks,
Victor.

yeah it looks cool and all but some guy ripped me off on ebay last year and ruined my trust for everyone so sorry :lol:

who makes these anyway

Hi!

Paypal is a safe way to pay thru the internet. But, hey, you're right you should be paranoid. Moreover I can't tell you who exactly manufactures this mic as we don't want the big US importers to put pressure on him and stop the group buy, which has happened in the past... You should check out this japanese anime : Paranoi Agent, it's great!!!

Anyway, about Paypal :

After several questions about the subject, I want to inform you that I will let all payments pending until the end of the three weeks.

You have 30 days to accept payments or reject them with Paypal.

So if we have enough payments to place the order I will accept them all at once, if not I will reject them and you will get your money back. This way we won't pay any Paypal fee until we're sure to place the order.

Any questions, send me an email,
Victor.