Stereo systems

Dark_Jester

Unrepentant sentient
Jan 26, 2002
Lookout mountain
Visit site
Had a look round, and haven't seen this around before, so thought I'd ask. What stereo/hi-fi systems has everyone here got, do they like it, are they planning on getting a new one, what do they like about their existing model?

I'm asking mainly coz I got a new one today, and finished setting it up about ten minutes ago, and it is absolutely INCREDIBLE :D
It's a Yamaha Pianocraft CRX-E400, which cost me an arm and a leg, but on the other hand, with this, I'm set for the next ten-odd years ;) Seriously, it sounds like I've got Bal-Sagoth in the room with me. Minus the smell of sweat and armour, it's pretty good!
By the way, just so I don't TOTALLY get up everyone's noses, this isn't a bragging post (well...not completely), I'm curious as to whether people out there seek ultimately for the perfect sound, or whether they're happy with a basic computer and two speakers deal. So, fire away! :)

i have a very old stereo system that i'm gonna change next winter. i'm rather interested in the ultimate sound experience(tm) but have no knowledge on the subject. so i'll be asking around when the time comes and try to buy something really really cool (and mp3 compatible).

i own a three-piece stereo in 19" format from sony i bought over ten years ago. it never evre failed me so far, so i don't see the point in getting something new. the cd player reads even the cheapest cd-rw-media, as opposed to some onkyo/bang&oulfsen/insertincrediblyexpensivemanufacturersnamehere. the sound is quite good, so i guess i'd only buy something new when this finally cracks down. but i think that still takes some time. but after that i probably would go for a yamaha as well; they always offer very good products for a reasonably price, be it instruments, motorbikes or amplifiers. The only thing i miss a bit right now would be an equalizer and a remote control for the amp.

I just listen to music on my computer. I have a good soundcard and good headphones and speakers, so I figure it's as good as a stereo. I used to have a CD player in my room but when it broke I didn't bother replacing it.

My good spund system is in my truck. I have an Alpine deck, powered by a nice Alpine amplifier, running 4 Infinity speakers. I have a seperate Alpine amplifier powering a 10 inch Infinity subwoofer. Bass, baby. Oh Yeah.

Well, at the moment I am listening music with my
computer, I have most of my CDs in MP3 format, tho I
don't have them on here right now, as this setup is still
in testing and I will have to install Windows soon again.

I been thinking that I will most likely get this system.

computer and not very crappy speakers. and this isn't a bragging post. :p

I have a stereo. It works. I have a computer with speakers. They're coffee stained, but they work too. :D So I'm all set, as anyone who knows me would know, I'm not that technical and don't really pay attention to the details of it all, as long as it works :p

Urge to brag... rising...

Ah what the hell! I just recently spent two arms and two legs worth on sweet PC with KILLER sound, and I'll be damned if I let it go to waste without sharing it with the world.
My PC brings a nice Audigy card with EAX, and for speakers I bought a 5.1 system with 15watt speakers and 65watt subwoofer. Needless to say I kick the living shit out of my CDs (with parent complaints of course)!

Ah, thanks, it felt good to get that out of my system.

Um, a five piece Nuance set of Spatial Baby Grands. One of the subwoofers shorted out though, and my receiver gave up too because it couldn't take the power, so for now I'm just using a crappy Sanyo cd player.

I don't listen to my stereo too much since I got my mp3 player, and besides, good headphones equal a good stereo, for less money.

Thanatos said:
I don't listen to my stereo too much since I got my mp3 player, and besides, good headphones equal a good stereo, for less money.

this is true, good enough headphones are on par with good stereo speakers. But there's nothing like making a room completely rumble with loud music!

I've got... An old cd-player, yay! (Its no bigger than.. Well, very small)
And it's got a radio-function too! And I can play tapes with it..! Isn't that handy, all in one? ..And it loves to play DT u_u,,
*strokes cd-player* Oww

I have owned several hi-fi systems and home-cinema
systems throughout my short lifetime.

I have "downgraded" now though.

NAD C320 integrated amp, Audio Pro Black Diamond speakers.

I still have Sony's top-model DVD from 1999, the 7700.

The system before this consisted of mainly Holfi stuff.

The total price with cables was over US$13.000 ;)