stereotypical progheads

Braighs

twelve strings of darknes
Oct 15, 2005
on a violin sad
We all love to throw around stereotypes of metalheads but....

Today, I got labeled a "proghead". Aparently, my "manerisms" give it away. :confused:

So... What ARE these manerisms typical of people into 'prog'?

lol you've been insulted for sure.

progheads care only for the complexity of art, the technical skill involved, how much of it might be part of a 'concept' and how long it happens to be. essential they're pseudo music fans.

Braighs said:
So... What ARE these manerisms typical of people into 'prog'?

stereotypically speaking, brainy (at least they think so), but very slow at moving, would rather discuss a fuck rather than do it (girlfriend, if any, probabily feels the same, for different reasons).
Thinks any track under 10 minutes has to be crap, any over 20 the dogs bollocks.
Hmm could go on, but can't really be bothered, anyhow feel the need for some YES, do a crossword and then talk to the wife about sex.

Kenneth R. said:
that nullifies anything she has to say. :lol:
:lol:
she has had that backpack since middle school. she is into all kinds of jazz and celtic music too. I could tell by the way she dressed and her "manerisms" that she wasn't a slipknot maggot.

so I guessed what kind of music she was into and she guessed for me too. I just thought 'proghead' would be a bit more unrecognizable. :oops:

look at some of the postures in old prog pics...uhh, do you say, "yah, man" alot? are you overly enthusiastic? do you wear a lot of thrift store clothing in earth colors? do you like wine, cheese, and micro-brewery beer? do you smoke pot? do you ever say things that you feel might be misinterpreted as pretentious? when asked about slipknot, nin, or any other mainstream music, do you feel deep down that you have superior music taste?

and lastly, do you listen to prog?

look at some of the postures in old prog pics
ok
"yah, man" alot
no
overly enthusiastic
opposite
do you wear a lot of thrift store clothing in earth colors
yes, that is my entire wardrobe
do you like wine, cheese, and micro-brewery beer
wine only
do you smoke pot
no
do you ever say things that you feel might be misinterpreted as pretentious
too often
when asked about slipknot, nin, or any other mainstream music, do you feel deep down that you have superior music taste?
until today, yes
and lastly, do you listen to prog?
:)

hit and miss

Braighs said:
:lol:
she has had that backpack since middle school. she is into all kinds of jazz and celtic music too. I could tell by the way she dressed and her "manerisms" that she wasn't a slipknot maggot.

so I guessed what kind of music she was into and she guessed for me too. I just thought 'proghead' would be a bit more unrecognizable. :oops:
actually i was laughing about music majors. :lol: