Steve D news from Blabbermouth.net

Feb 13, 2002
Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Ex-HALFORD Guitarist To Unveil 'One Of The Most Sinister' Lineups In Metal - Aug. 7, 2003 Rob Halford sideman Metal Mike Chlasciak's new band PAINMUSEUM have announced that Steve DiGiorgio (TESTAMENT, DEATH, ICED EARTH) has completed laying down bass on their still untitled debut CD.

The album is currently being mixed by Roy Z (HALFORD, BRUCE DICKINSON, HELLOWEEN) and is expected to hit stores in Summer 2004.

"Roy Z traveled with us into some dark places on this album. He's been instrumental in shaping the tones, various production ideas and ultimately helping us deliver something modern, yet true to our roots," says Metal Mike. "This CD is going to resonate with fans of bands like CRADLE OF FILTH, DEATH and ARCH ENEMY, as well as those who crave the headbanging rhythms of classic metal bands such as ACCEPT, JUDAS PRIEST and IRON MAIDEN."

Several preview cuts will soon be posted on the band's web site www.painmuseum.com, with some of the songs titles already revealed as "Burn Flesh Burn", "American Metalhead" and "Words Kill Everything".

When asked about DiGiorgio's involvement in a live setting, Metal Mike replied, "Well, I already borrowed Steve from TESTAMENT to record with us. But who knows? If his schedule allows him to play a few dates with us, I'd certainly be up for it."

DiGiorgio joins a lineup that already features newcomer Tim Clayborne on vocals and Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, RIOT) on drums.

"This is undoubtedly one of the heaviest, most sinister lineups metal has ever seen, all on one record", says Metal Mike. "Bobby is the most incredible drummer around, and I am a huge fan of Steve's work with DEATH and TESTAMENT. Having these two guys together on one album is an awesome moment. Combine that rhythm section with the sadistic vocal stylings of Tim Clayborne and the result is going to be a debut CD that will tear the balls off the rock world."

Look for Metal Mike in point-of-purchase displays for Digitech's X-Series Guitar Pedals. Digitech's GeNetX® line of guitar processors featuring Metal Mike's custom presets are available now through your local music retailer.

Occam's Razor said:
Hell...and now he's doing it with Quo Vadis - Total Bass world Domination?:tickled:

You are Damn right....this album is going to be insane:loco:

QUO VADIS Hire TESTAMENT/SADUS Bassist To Play On New Album - Aug. 29, 2003 Canadian technical metallers QUO VADIS have enlisted session bassist Steve DiGiorgio (TESTAMENT, SADUS, DEATH, CONTROL DENIED, SADUS) to lay down the bass tracks for the group's third album, tentatively due before the end of the year.

"Internationally renowned since the late 80s, Steve was in Montreal and St Zenon's Wild Studios the week of August 11th," reads an official statement from the band. "The bass tracks now complete, everyone is very happy to see all the elements for the new record falling into place. We are all honored to have Steve as the bassist for the album and we sincerely thank him for his time and effort that was put into the songs.

"With the guitar and bass sessions now behind us, the remainder of the recording, namely vocals and solos, will be concluded in the next 2 months."

Pierre Remillard, sound engineer for QUO VADIS since their debut album, "Forever", had this to say about the recording so far: "With this album QUO VADIS has reached the peak of their artistic excellence, which presents dimensions which are both technical and melodic."

Upcoming QUO VADIS tour dates:

Aug. 29 - Ottawa, ON
Aug. 30 - Amos, QC
Nov. 08 - Trois-Rivieres, QC
Nov. 09 - St-Jerome, QC
Nov. 15 - Montreal, QC

Hm, cool...can't await to hear all that stuff.

I'm surprised about his involvement with Quo Vadis...I've got their debut album... They're not that well known so I never thought something like this could happen. Did their original bassist leave them, or what? (from what I can remember from the debut album, that dude was above average...he was actually pretty good)