STEVE GRIMMETT (lionsheart, onslaught, Grim Reaper)

josephswell

New Metal Member
Feb 20, 2009
Tonight Friday 20th Feburary at 'Josephs Well' in Leeds UK
STEVE GRIMMETT BAND + FULL SUPPORT
Steve Grimmett has a history that is nothing short of incredible, having what is widely regarded as one of the most powerful and original voices in rock & metal. As vocalist with the legendary Grim Reaper Steve accomplished major success during the 80’s with three highly acclaimed studio albums, along with single releases, MTV airplay, & extensive touring in the States. Grim Reaper videos can often still be seen on some of the major music channels. After Grim Reaper Steve spent a brief period with Onslaught and again enjoyed commercial success, including a single that charted in the UK. More recently Steve's success came in the form of Lionsheart, a powerful melodic metal band whose debut album reached number one in the mainstream Japanese chart.

Also supporting Steve on the tour are; 'Dead against the rest'
"Dead Against The Rest are ones to watch" Fuzz
Dead Against The Rest are one of the best unsigned bands I have seen in the last ten years, I hope some one picks them up because they need the freedom of a large stage, then they will be unstoppable. Kreative Sounds Magazine "this band is super kick ass!:
"They're definately busting out rad rock n roll in a time when, honestly, good rock n roll is hard to find. there's almost passable punk all over, death metals pretty fucking big and crap music is just way too common and popular. good to hear people still know how to dial in a jcm 800 and sing as opposed to whine or scream/growl. hearing true lead playing, which i really miss, is exciting. fuckin A..." GTFM
"The Glam Stadium rock which is DATR". Their Performance was second to none as they played with angst and some sleeze. They ploughed through the air waves like a chain saw cutting through the flesh of T Rex, Spatting through your speakers right into your ears. Leaving you with a sense of enjoyment that you never new you had.
Dead Against The Rest are well and truly alive
Also on the night will be Leeds based band 'Steroid Freak Pussy'

Tickets £7 on sale now from;
Crash - Leeds http://crashrecords.co.uk/online/product.php?xProd=6698&xSec=28
Jumbo - Leeds,http://www.jumborecords.co.uk/shop_basket2.asp?zone=1
seetickets. com http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?e|artist=STEVE+GRIMMETT+BAND+PLUS+DEAD+AGAINST+THE+REST&n|artist=null&resultsperpage=20&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch&orderby=date
and Josephs Well or pay on the door.

I guess Grim Reaper did okay but this article hyped them like they were as big as metallica.

Astounding voice. Everytime I hear him sing "I'll make you an offer you can't Refuuuuuuse" always gives me chills.

Saw them live at Athens one month ago. They were good, although Steve had some problems with the high notes.

It took me a lot to get into Grim Reaper, I couldn't stand the vocals for years. Today curiously I took SYIH and FNE for a ride in the gym and for the fist time the vocals sounded as if I had listening to the band for eons, felt real good.

I like the first three Grim Reaper releases ALOT! Though See You In Hell is cheesy as hell as a video...I can't take my eyes off it. :lol:

Onslaught was cool too. What was the cover? Saturday Nights Alright For Fighting right? Elton John?

Flotsam did that too!

Saw them live at Athens one month ago. They were good, although Steve had some problems with the high notes.
Of course he can't hit the high notes. When he belted them out in his early twenties he had no idea he would have to reproduce it when he was approaching 50! I'm sure a lot of those guys wish they hadn't sang so high in their early careers, figuring they'd probably die young or their singing career would die out by time they got that age.

I still think Grimmett kicks ass. His Steve Grimmett Band album Personal Crisis was one of my faves last year.