Steve Harris/Bass Player Magazine Cover!

Air Raid Siren

Maidens' Vox
Apr 26, 2004
My City Of Angels
www.myspace.com
'Arry is featured on the cover of the new issue of Bass Player Magazine! (Oct issue) I don't think it's even out on the stands yet so I'll scan and post it - hopefully later this evening, when I get back. The story includes the bass lines to the Trooper and Aces High!! :headbang: How cool is that??

Obviously the great reviews for AMOLAD are having an impact on the American media - it's about time! Congrats to Steve and the whole band for a job well done! :kickass:

It's awesome how the U.S. has received this record. With no airplay as usual.
AMOLAD is now #9 on the Billboard top 10!

Cheers to the fans, and to Maiden of course!!

Steve's place in bass history is already carved in stone. He is up there in influence with the legends, Geddy Lee, Chris Squire, John Entwistle for the rock world.

Good an BP mag to give him recognition on the new CD.:headbang: :kickass:

Jim

Air Raid Siren said:
'Arry is featured on the cover of the new issue of Bass Player Magazine! (Oct issue) I don't think it's even out on the stands yet so I'll scan it and the whole article - hopefully later this evening, when I get back. The story includes the bass lines to the Trooper and Aces High!! :headbang: How cool is that??

Obviously the great reviews for AMOLAD are having an impact on the American media - it's about time! Congrats to Steve and the whole band for a job well done! :kickass:

That's really great. I'll have to pick up a copy. :)

Air Raid Siren said:
The story includes the bass lines to the Trooper :headbang: How cool is that??

That´s great! my favorite song! But..where can i read it?...i guess i can´t find that mag in mexico..:erk:

Here's the cover!
I wanted to post the whole article but am not quite sure how to go about that - sorry kids!
Hope this helps you find the mag te_truper. The mag website is www.bassplayer.com

BP-HarrisCover.jpg

yeah! i love that pic! it´s kickass when steve seems to be shooting everybody. but what is that white box? is it something private?
:S

te_truper said:
yeah! i love that pic! it´s kickass when steve seems to be shooting everybody. but what is that white box? is it something private?
:S

That would be the address label. Somebody Aja knows has a subscription.:saint:

Jim

Slow going here but managed to get a clear enough ( I hope!) image of the transcription page for all you bass players. The article/interview itself is a little harder since the print is so small and not nearly as crisp.

Trooper_Aces-Transcription-.jpg

So whaddaya think, Steph? Did they get it right?

As long as you hit the right notes it will. Just stay off the B string. :loco: You try using the low B for some notes it will sound kind of odd.

Jim

Cool read. :kickass: Thanks John, I still haven't seen it on the rack yet.

I stole the splayed fingers thing he does way back on Powerslave.

Cool how he keeps his nails slightly longer to utilize them. Started doing that copping some Geddy stuff way back when and one days growth goes from perfect, to too long.

Jim