STEVE VAI Featured In 'Front And Center' Episode

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Public television's critically acclaimed concert series "Front And Center" has debuted a new episode featuring three-time Grammy Award-winning guitarist Steve Vai. The intimate performance was filmed at New York's Iridium — the smallest venue Vai has played in years. He was voted tenth "Greatest Guitarist" by Guitar World magazine in 2015. In an exclusive interview captured prior to his performance, Vai said: "When I wrote 'Tender Surrender', it was similar to any other song that I wrote that I thought was worth its salt. It came from just being present." Vai continued: "I saw a great interview with Eric Clapton and they said: 'What are you thinking about when you're playing?' and he says, 'Nothing, just being in the moment.' And they said to Bob Dylan, I remember, 'Where do you get your inspiration from?' and he goes, 'I don't know.' Of course, Rolling Stone magazine, they're going to press him, 'What do you mean you don't know?' and he said, 'I don't know, it comes from that infinite pool of creativity that exists in everybody.' So I think that that's the right answer." The full video can be seen below. The episode will air nationally on public television. Check local listings for air dates and times. "Front And Center" is currently in its seventh season. The series features CMA Award winners, Grammy Award winners, Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductees, and emerging artists. The show has featured performances by CHEAP TRICK, DAWES, Shawn Mendes, Southside Johnny, Kaleo, THE CADILLAC THREE, Rob Thomas and Jennifer Nettles this season.

Continue reading...