Steve Vai + Mattias Eklundh Jammed

Aug 31, 2004
That would be Mattias Eklundh the Freak Kitchen guy. :p

It's not much at all, but I saw him mentioned on the VAI news site, so I thought I would post it here.

www.vai.com said:
EVO Tickets - Helsinki, Finland

The Real Illusions show in Helsinki, Finland is sold out, but we still have a limited amount of EVO Premium Experience tickets left for this show, and we are extending their sale for another 48 hours. If you've been thinking about buying and EVO Premium Experience ticket, you should be quick. The current tour will be Steve's last for a number of years. The EVO Experience on the European leg of the Real Illusions tour has featured many exciting once-in-a-lifetime moments - including EVO participants witnessing Steve and the band record new songs and demos, and even a new song jam with Mattias Eklundh during the Gothenburg soundcheck!

For all other EVO Experiences, please be aware that ticket sales end 48 hours prior to the show, so don't miss out! Click here to buy EVO Premium Experience tickets.

Seems pretty fitting since Mattias is definitely influenced by Steve. Maybe Mattias will be on G3 sometime, even though that's Joe's pick and not Steve's, which sucks. :devil:

And the picture to prove it. :p

vai_eklundh_2005_LRG.jpg

Yeah, I forgot about that when I posted it. I thought it was interesting that 'Burn The Sun' by Ark was also on Favored Nations.

That would have been too cool to witness! The FK stuff is originally under Thunderstruck Productions and yes, IA got Favored Nations to distribute
"Freak Guitar" after Vai heard his version of Zappa's "The Black Page", which of course never made the FN version, and was only on the original release. Freak Guitar - The Road Less Traveled is also on FN...

BP - Did you ever get a chance to hear that None Radio show Eklundh did with Keneally?:headbang:

Barking Pumpkin said:
Yeah, I forgot about that when I posted it. I thought it was interesting that 'Burn The Sun' by Ark was also on Favored Nations.

Marty Friedman's Music for Speeding too