Steve, what was it like?

davidian

Feb 12, 2002
Visit site
Question for Steve, if he has time to answer.. :)

What was it like playing with Gene Hoglan and Dave Lombardo? I mean, Gene seems to be a freak when comes to technique and speed as well.

And Dave Lombardo was very good on "The Gathering". Did you enjoy much playing with them?

Also, on "Individual Thought Patterns", the music is kind of complex, on all instruments. Was it "easy" to record it, or did you have to do many re-recordings due to playing mistakes etc?

Ooops Davidian,
Steve is the ultimate Metal-Bass-Player!!!
Do you really think, this bad-ass could make one mistake??!
;) "Was ist "easy" to play on Individual?" This question is sick!
:mad: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!! Sorry, don't take it serious, but your questions are uphamically shibby.
Bath in sin, Jan;)

.. Could I please have your e-mail adress, do I can ask you before I make a post the next time? I don't want to embaress myself with stupid posts, so I'd better ask someone (-you) for concil first, so I don't make a fool out of myself.

....didn't I say " don' take it serious?
Anyway, to explain what I mean:

1.Davidian: "Was it 'easy' to record it?"
Steve's negative answer: "No!"
Davidian: "Ooh, you are sooo cool!"

2.Davidian: "Was it 'easy' to record it?"
Steve's positive answer: "Yes!"
Davidian: "Oh, I thought you were good....
but now I know better....

:rolleyes: ....I don't know you man, but your sense of humour is
not too big. Maybe we should drink a beer...
perhaps then you'll understand my sense of
humour...:D

Ps: Do you belong to the german band Davidian?

I'm sorry, how can you know what the meaning of my question was in the first place? Obviously, you seem to think it was just to state that Steve is "cool"?

In my post, I ask Steve if it was difficult to record the CD. Since all musicians had to play very complex beats, rythms etc. So, I was just wondering, even if you are a skilled musician, is it never hard recordin such a record, or is it very easy and goes without any re-takings?

But OK, now you have told me Jan, that it wasn't hard. They did not have to take any re-takes, everything worked out smoothly. That was what I wanted to know. Thank you very much.

I think it is very pathetic of you coming here and patronize me and my post, and it makes me disappointed. I just try to post here on a forum, and I just expect answers, not some smartass comment about how stupid my posts are.

And if your posts aren't supposed to be serious - don't post them at all. But thanks anyway for the answer, now I know there were no difficulties whatsoever recording "Individual thought patterns".

Maybe you can answer me if Steve enjoyed playing with Gene and Dave as well?

Hi Davidian,

I didn't expect to hurt you that much with my bad joke.
I thought a messageboard-talk is not too serious. SORRY!
Anyway, I think Steve enjoyed it to play with Dave and Gene...

Take care, Jan

Ps: I don't know if the german band Davidian is good, I've only heard the name...

I'm not really hurt, just think that it's so unecessary for people to behave the way you do. I ask a question because I want an answer. That's it. That second post of yours pissed me off though, that you claim I only wanted to tell Steve "how cooool he is" .. I'm not 8 years old.

I use the name Davidian because of the Machine Head song.

No hard feelings.

.....just wondered about myself after a while. Must have been a bad day for me. And you unfortunately got it.....
Hope Stevie D will answer your questions (...what's up upham???)... Anyway, normally I'm not the guy, who behaves like this.... must be this a agressive metalmusic, harhar...
Do you know the band "dog faced gods"? It's in the vein of Machine Head and Meshuggah; check it out....I think they are from the Netherlands.
Meta a al, Jan