Steve Wilson - Insurgentes

Has anyone heard this? I can't help but think that a Steven Wilson solo CD won't sound that much different than a PT CD. Afterall, for all intents and purposes, he *is* PT. Doesn't he write the majority of music and lyrics anyway? I'll buy it no matter what since I'm a PT fanboy, but I'm just curious what hos 'solo' effort will sound like.

Chris

Chris:

It more or less sounds like Porcupine Tree but there are some "poppier" elements of No-Man present. Overall its not a radical departure but it is quite good. If you are a PT fan you'll definitely want this.

Ken

There is some drone work (guitar noise) too as well. Basically, it's a blend of all of his styles/projects: No Man, Bass Communion, Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, IEM, etc...

I bought the limited edition through Wilson's site and I loved the photograph book that was included. Beautiful shots by the photographers....My only gripe about it was that no lyrics were included (and it's been said at the PT forum that the lyrics will NOT be included in the retail version either).

I actually have them in stock - arrived today. As you know I hate to do the preorder thing - its a huge hassle for us when it comes to processing orders. I can't ship them so early so I'll be putting it up on the site early next week and you can order away.

I actually have them in stock - arrived today. As you know I hate to do the preorder thing - its a huge hassle for us when it comes to processing orders. I can't ship them so early so I'll be putting it up on the site early next week and you can order away.

Perfect, I'll keep an eye out for it. :headbang:

Its amazing with all the great bands SW is acociated with that this is his first solo CD,