Steve Wilson

hehe, all the lines that don't sound like Mikael!!

i don't know for sure but i think its that whole "devious movements... " section..

Doesnt Mikael sing that part, or is it just steve very low in the background?

Thats one of my favorite part in BWP and Im really worried know...

Ok, I don't know for sure, but this is what I always thought:

Steve sings this:
"Devious movements in your eyes"
Mikael sings this:
"moved me from relief"
Steve sings this:
"Breath comes out white clouds with your lies"
Mikael sings this:
"And filters through me"
then they sing this together:
"You're close to the final word
You're staring right past me in dismay
A liquid seeps from your chest
And drains me away"

Same thing goes for the "Mist ripples round your thin white neck" part.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh noooo!!!

shit! That must be Mikael singing the "devious movement" part or else the song is totally ruined for me. I have always thought that this was Mikael and this scentence has always been my favorite moment of all "opeth" records. And now this is sung by a non Opeth member...???

:cry:

Say that this isnt true!!!!!!

Bah, that shouldn't ruin the song for you. Steve Wilson has a noticeably higher singing voice than Mikael Akerfeldtm (from what I've heard on BWP)...both are quite impressive and they complement each other nicely.

But I have always thought that this was Mikaels wonderful voice...

I dont like when bands do stuff like this. I mean, I want "Opeth"
not Steve Wilson.

When I listening to "Bleak" and this great final. Its not mikael thats singing, just a stranger to me...>¤(%&¤(%¤:)( :mad: :heh: :cry:

uh.... :bah:

Originally posted by Sputnik
But I have always thought that this was Mikaels wonderful voice...

I dont like when bands do stuff like this. I mean, I want "Opeth"
not Steve Wilson.

When I listening to "Bleak" and this great final. Its not mikael thats singing, just a stranger to me...>¤(%&¤(%¤:)( :mad: :heh: :cry:

uh.... :bah:

I think you should go out and discover Porcupine Tree and then you'll appreciate the genious that is Steven Wilson. He added a new dimension to Opeth on BWP, especially production wise. The two voices on "Bleak" compliment each other perfectly.

Incidentally, it has been rumoured that Mikael Akefeldt & Steve Wilson are gonna get together to form some kind of side project, does anybody else find this prospect absolutely mindboggling????:loco:

sputnik calm down, think of it like this...no matter who sings that line Mike wrote it, it means more to write something than sing.

coincidently who else features on opeths albums and where? thanks.:loco:

i cant believe u ppl thought that was mikael???
if it is mikael then he is using some very weird effect on his voice that makes him sound like someone else!

im trying to imagine how different that would seem thinking it was mikael all along.

how weird.

This is not an answer to the question but I just have to say that Steve Wilson is ranks among my favourite songwriters right now.
What else does he do?

I guess I have to accept it...but It will take some time though

Transparent: Oh yes you are right! Its still Mikael that wrote this part and Steve just jumped in instead of Mikael in the singing part.

Im very curious how it would sound if Mikael sang it instead of mr Wilson...?

Does somebody have a bootleg or something on "Bleak"?

Yes, check out PORCUPINE TREE. I bought that limited edition (20,000 copies) of "Recordings", and it is a beautiful album!!

(and i'm a true opeth fan!):headbang: