Steven Wilson-Insurgents Limited Edition

BlueSky

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2006
So I've been out of the loop for a while, and missed that there was a limited release of Insurgents with a bonus cd. I only listened to one track called "Puncture Wound," and it was freakin sweetness! Extremely dark sounding song, which is exactly what I like to hear. I just hope the rest of the cd is as dark. I'm really kicking myself for not paying attention, and getting this limited cd with the bonus tracks. :mad: Bah!

Was anyone lucky enough to pick a copy up, and if so how much was it?

Puncture wounds reminds me a lot of The Cure's "A Forest"

Anyone else notice the resemblance? No clue if it was intentional or not. Not saying its a bad thing at all, Its a great song!

the rest of the album is pretty ambiant, it's great

the limited edition was like 20 pounds i think

the limited LP edition was set at 40 pounds i think

i wish i had the money to have bought one :(

I have both the CD and vinyl special editions, they were very expensive, but with the hardcover book etc, definitely worth it. I think they were € 50 each or something.

The album itself is not as great as I hoped/expected though, but still good.

Somehow how I knew you'd have gotten your hands on it. It's a bit disheartening to hear you of all people were let down by it. Although from the bits I've heard so far I'm expecting no less than stellar. I guess I'll have to wait till March 9th to find out for myself.

Somehow how I knew you'd have gotten your hands on it. It's a bit disheartening to hear you of all people were let down by it. Although from the bits I've heard so far I'm expecting no less than stellar. I guess I'll have to wait till March 9th to find out for myself.
If you pre-order the retail edition, you'll be given a link to a legal dowload of the entire album, so you can listen to the music until you receive the actual CD.

Puncture wounds reminds me a lot of The Cure's "A Forest"

Anyone else notice the resemblance? No clue if it was intentional or not. Not saying its a bad thing at all, Its a great song!

It's indeed The Cure's 'In A Forest' with another lyrics and a much darker 'feel'. SW released it first as a straight cover on his ongoing Cover Version series. (-> CV III).

[brag mode] I have the hardback vinyl and the Japanese edition. The regular edition and the 7" single are also on their way :) [/brag mode]

Great, great album!!

Would someone be so kind as to send me the bonus cd tracks? That is since I won't be lucky enough to get them on disc.

Get the Japanese pressing, it includes all of them :)

Awesome, but do you know if I'll be able to pick up a copy for a reasonable price? I wish I could, but I can't afford 50 big ones for a cd when the economy has gone down the pluncker. I already pre ordered the standard version at my local store.

Awesome, but do you know if I'll be able to pick up a copy for a reasonable price? I wish I could, but I can't afford 50 big ones for a cd when the economy has gone down the pluncker. I already pre ordered the standard version at my local store.
Apparently the Japan edition is a 'HQ' CD, never heard of this format before really.. It's a 'high quality' CD that will also play on regular CD-players. Anyway, it's quite expensive, least expensive one I found on ebay is $ 48.00 plus postage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEVEN-WILSON-I...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

So I finally got my hands on the cd today, and unfortunately I'm with the rest on the consensus of people let down by this one. As you know the cd starts off with the single "Harmony Korine," which is a great track and for the moment my apprehension from some of the comments I read here faded. BUT! Then the rest of the cd is entirely forgettable besides the last track, "Insurgents" which is greatness. Needless to say I'm disappointed, but I'll still be giving this record more spins in the future.