Stigmata (bittner)/Section 8

PIOT

Dec 22, 2013
I have just attended both shows at the upstate music hall, Clifton park ny. for one of the most monumental shows for this area in many years. Section 8/Stigmata/Skinless and others. I know that this show isn't necessarily a Prog or Power show, but just being a music fan you should understand why these shows meant so much for the area of upstate ny. Section 8 video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EYo2bG1-gcs

Waiting for more video's that are ok in quality, and a review of the show. Overcast kicked ass also. I like Brian Fairs (Shadows Fall) vocals better in his old band. No one has a comment?

Pretty cool I have only been there once since it went from Northern Lights to Upstate Music Hall and that was to see Steel Panther. Of course that might be because I have lived in NH since 98 but I'm always back visiting in the Capital District.

Pretty cool I have only been there once since it went from Northern Lights to Upstate Music Hall and that was to see Steel Panther. Of course that might be because I have lived in NH since 98 but I'm always back visiting in the Capital District.

Yeah, the place has really expanded. It went from a 600 person venue to 1,000 plus, and let me tell you, there were more people pinned in than they should have. I think the final count was 1400. Amazing show!!

I saw just about every one of those bands back in the day either at the QE2, Bogie's or Winners (Don't think I ever saw Skinless). I went to a ton of hardcore shows even though I was one of the few long haired metal guys at a Ted Etoll show as I loved the energy those bands displayed and some of them were really good musicians! Stigmata was great musically, but I just was never a fan of the singer (one of my least fave hardcore frontmen I ever saw).

One of the more memorable moments of Stigmata in the 90s included a night at Winners - about 5-10 minutes before showtime, a bouncer beat up a guy in the men's room, making him a bloody mess and then dragged him out of the club by his shirt! The beat-up guy retaliated by taking a baseball bat to the power meter at the club, effectively leaving a pretty much sold out club in the dark!!! None of the "emergency" lights that Salaam (owner of Saratoga Winners) had even turned on, making for a tense couple minutes, but my buddy and I were standing by the bar next to the door, so we could see a little bit. Salaam made an announcement that the power would be fixed and the band would play, but after waiting 90 minutes, National Grid still had not arrived. The best part was that he never refunded anyone the $10 cover charge...

Are any of the bands planning full scale reunions? It was surely impressive to me that they sold out Northern Lights 2 nights in a row!!! It would be great to see One King Down back again, but I just don't see that happening.

Joe

As for reunions, One King Down will never have one. Rob Fusco is a dick, they have asked him numerous times. I don't understand why because Most Precious Blood tours like once ever 5 years. Im trying to find clips from War-time Manner, but there is only one I might post. Skinless is back, Sherwood stated that they will tour and another record on the way. They are in the works with a few European fest dates. Section 8 is rumored to play more shows, not sure because the drummer lives in Cali now, but they did play a portion of a new song at the show, so I assume that new music is on the way. Fuck Yeah!!!! I couldn't believe they sold out both nights either, and with impressive fashion. First date sold out in 2 days, then they added a second date and the sold out in 15 min.!!!! Are you serious 15 min. that is insane. National acts don't sell out the venue that fast. Shows how the scene was so strong back then, there is no scene in Albany anymore or I might be to old. People were so emotional and friendly, like the family it once was. accept the fight one stage at the end of the video I posted, have no clue what happened, but Kasey posted an apology for the drummer flipping out. I didn't think he should have but whatever.

Great to have them back.:hotjump:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69qa8Yh5FYE&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

One of the openers, and I believe people on this site will like this band, more on the progressive side.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/21dgrpmqwf8?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was at the Northern Lights once, in 2012, when Volbeat (with Iced Earth opening) really packed the place. Nice venue, but would be better if the stage was a little higher, it can be hard to see when you're more in the back.

This is the official video compilation of the show, and the best video quality.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bua8AShrNc&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]