Sting

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
Does anyone here like Sting?

I think he has one of the best voices in the world... but I find much of his material irritating... however, he occassionally creates songs that I find to be absolutely stunning... such as: Desert Rose, A Thousand Years, Be Still My Beating Heart, All This Time, Fields of Gold, etc. I really think he has the ability to create some of the most amazing music this world has ever been exposed to... but he also seems to have a tendency to write a lot of crap. I have mixed feelings on him. His talent is undeniable though.

Reactions: JonnyD
ProgMetalFan said:
Does anyone here like Sting?

I think he has one of the best voices in the world... but I find much of his material irritating... however, he occassionally creates songs that I find to be absolutely stunning... such as: Desert Rose, A Thousand Years, Be Still My Beating Heart, All This Time, Fields of Gold, etc. I really think he has the ability to create some of the most amazing music this world has ever been exposed to... but he also seems to have a tendency to write a lot of crap. I have mixed feelings on him. His talent is undeniable though.

lol yes You are absolutely correct He has a awsome voice But boy he writes some horrible Garbage :) I love the song Russians Its so powerful He truely is a great talent

Sting is one of my absolute FAVORITE artists. As stated, his voice & talent are to die for!

Although some of his albums have contained a few stinkers, generally, he always writes powerful stuff.

His album "The Soul Cages" is among the best records ever recorded, so dar, so sad, yet...hopeful at the same time. It's quite different from his other records & generally appeals to metal fans more than his other work.

Check out the incredible tunes "Island of Souls", "Wild, Wild Sea" & "Soul Cages".

And, of course, some of his Police stuff is outstanding.

sting really irritates me!

the only good things he made were the Police affair...

then he become faggot!

refined cocktail music for adult oriented audience....

with really terrible lyrics...between semi-patriotic and average bullshits...

then the whole tantra "i fuck my wife for 20 hours" affair is ridicolous!

fuck you white corporate asshole!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have said it before, and will say it again, Mercury Falling by Sting is my favorite record of all time. I do not like his recent material but evrything else is great, Police, solo, whatever.

SoundMaster... I just got "Soul Cages"... just finished listening to it for the first time... this is definately one of the best albums I have ever heard... every song is a masterpiece... a gorgeous brooding work

I've also been listening to the Police nonstop lately.

I thoroughly enjoy the Police, and what solo work I have heard I really do like. Soul Cages has been on my list for awhile, I have yet to hear it though.

ProgMetalFan said:
SoundMaster... I just got "Soul Cages"... just finished listening to it for the first time... this is definately one of the best albums I have ever heard... every song is a masterpiece... a gorgeous brooding work

I've also been listening to the Police nonstop lately.

Awesome!
Yes, it's among my all-time favs, as well. I particularly love the acoustic instrumental (St Agness), Island of Souls & Wild Wild Sea.

If you like his darker, more brooding stuff, you need to seek out the "You Still Touch Me" CD single. It features two unreleased BSides that would fit perfectly on the Soul Cages: "Pirates Bride" (among his 3 best songs!) and "Lullabye to an anxious Child". SImply beautiful stuff.

Coincidentally, his new album is released today! However, I've read reviews that really slag it. Hopefully it's not true, but it appears as if he may have finally thrown in the towel & gone for 100% corporate radio tunes.

fav Sting tunes:
Shape of My Heart
Island of Souls
Pirates Bride
Ghost Story
Wild, Wild Sea
Russians

Can someone tell me what the song that is played during the closing credits of the movie The Proffesional is, is it on another album? I have only heard it twice and it is by far my fav Sting song. Thanks in advance.

AjDeath said:
Can someone tell me what the song that is played during the closing credits of the movie The Proffesional is, is it on another album? I have only heard it twice and it is by far my fav Sting song. Thanks in advance.
Yes, that's a BSide named "Windmills of the Mind". It can be found on the BSide to the "Brand New Day" single.

Also to be found on this single is the un-released "The End of the Game" (the North American release of BND didn't feature this great tune) which would have been one of the best songs on the BND album.

AjDeath said:
I have said it before, and will say it again, Mercury Falling by Sting is my favorite record of all time. I do not like his recent material but evrything else is great, Police, solo, whatever.
This is wrong, I love every album Sting has ever put out, took me a while to get some of the newer stuff though.