Stock sound card and Multiple drum tracks

Dreathus

Blast Death Dick
Nov 30, 2005
st. louis
im using an 8 channel yamaha mixer into my computers stock sound card using the line-in jack and my software is ACID 5.0 although i have cubase but i do no use it often.

I want to know how to be able to put the bass drums on a diffrent track from the rest of them so i can EQ the bass drums separatly.

A friend of mine used a trick for this .. it sux but great for working on separating tracks....

He took a Mixer and ran everything into it except for the Kick and Snare, He ran the mics from the kick and the snare into a separate mixer, from there he ran 1 mixer to the Mic in put on the PC and the other to a PowerAmp from there he wnt into the line in.

Its a nightmare doing it this way but it would work. Other than that .... get a Firepod or some other interface.

Da Fukn Guru

how much do these interfaces usually cost? i've gotten some really good results using my stock PC line-in, i've recorded almost a dozen bands from around here and they have all been satisfied with the recordings but i want to add more flexibility and ease of use in the basement studio dayown heyerrrrrre.