Which sound card will work with and XP service pack 3?!?

dk272

New Metal Member
Oct 19, 2008
Hey guys right now I have a real tek sound card :Smug: lol.....I Want to upgrade and looking for a sound card that works with windows XP MCE service pack 3. I use fruity loops and reason as DAWs for producing and recording, I want to get the M Audio Audiophile 2496 but apparently its not compatible with service pack 3?!:cry: anyone in here using windows XP MCE service pack 3 that can recommend me a good soundcard for handling my music production!? Thanks in advance

I'm using an M-Audio Delta 1010LT that seems to be working just fine under XP SP3. It's not incredibly high-end or anything, but it's pretty good aside from needing an adapter if you want to use 1/4" plugs. That's under Pro, though, not MCE...

Ack, Media Center is notorious for horrible compatibility with sound cards, I'd recommend just buying a legit copy of XP Professional off of ebay

It's weird that the version of the OS specifically tailored for media is the one that's notoriously bad with compatibility with media devices...