N5 new feature list - NO MULTITRACK QUANTIZING :(

Seriously??? Moving/copying plugins between insert brackets, the improved GUI, improved stretching algorithms, and melodyne-like pitch editor built in are by far worth it IMO.

I absolutely HATE new GUIs. why the hell are they doing it?
you completely have to learn a new workflow. i don´t have time for that.
never change a winning team. :zombie:

i think they are trying to sell something new which isn´t new at all. upgrading to n4 already was a joke. having to pay more money and getting less than i had.
think i have to switch to cubase sometime. cause all this video stuff is of no use for me.

the melodyne-like pitch editor is indeed the only reason to think about it again.

I absolutely HATE new GUIs. why the hell are they doing it?
you completely have to learn a new workflow.

the melodyne-like pitch editor is indeed the only reason to think about it again.

There's no new workflow, everything just looks a lot better and more pleasant, not as dead and lifeless as N3/SX3. Makes it easier to work in for long periods of time IMO.

I really don't get how you can overlook the ability to move plugins around within the mixer.

that´s not a feature i would pay 250 euro for (or how much it will cost).
but still nice to have. :)

I really don't get how you can overlook the ability to move plugins around within the mixer.

+ 1

remember when you had an audio channel packed with vsts,
but decided to send the audio channel to 2 different sends,
then use 1 send with the same vst chain you had on your audio track ? (for example if you wanted 2 bass auxes, one clean with the same vst chain, one distortion with a new one)

there was no way loading vst chains that were made for audio tracks
on groups. now its just one mouse click away - i couldnt ever again live without that!

Honestly I edit metal all the time with triplets and other nonsense, it's never been a real issue for me, you get used to it like 10 seconds after starting. As long as you map out your songs, which you should anyway, the beats will line up and you just judge from there. I don't like quantizing perfectly straight to the grid anyway so it's never bothered me. *shrug*

Honestly I edit metal all the time with triplets and other nonsense, it's never been a real issue for me, you get used to it like 10 seconds after starting. As long as you map out your songs, which you should anyway, the beats will line up and you just judge from there. I don't like quantizing perfectly straight to the grid anyway so it's never bothered me. *shrug*

Even if it's a minor inconvenience, that seems like such a dumb thing to leave out of their software. I can't imagine it's a terribly difficult thing to add....

Even if it's a minor inconvenience, that seems like such a dumb thing to leave out of their software. I can't imagine it's a terribly difficult thing to add....

it's funny because they already added it for midi haha you just can't do it on the audio grid.

ProTools LE for editing. Cubase for when I haven't filled my quota of crashes for the day.

It never happened to me that LE crashed while i was editing (and using BD and other editing tools...) ...my tools are crashing only when i use certain plugins or sometimes when i'm trying to open a big project with a lot of different plugins (rarely)...

It is a silly stupid thing, I agree. The MIDI piano roll and the drum editor grids will do it, just not the edit window. But no more silly than ProTools not having slip editing.

I'd like to hear Joey's workaround, actually - I'm sure he's got one.

Blank midi track
Cut the events to triplets
Copy and paste across song

The midi event length sticks to tempo changes automatically (unlike audio events obviously) so that's why you do it with midi instead of audio event. No need to use diamonds to see the triplets. The event edge is better to see it actually.

Not having the grid doesn't bother me much. I really don't need to see the whole song in triplet mode anyways. How hard is it to understand that there's three beats per sub beat? Lol