Connecting POD X3 to my sound card?

bluie3

Nov 2, 2006
Hi everyone.

I had been using a guitar port for a long time, and just got a POD X3, and was wondering if someone could help me to connect it to my sound card properly. I want to have it basically work exactly as the guitar port did. The guitar port was connected through USB, and RCA into my audiophile 2496 sound card. I just want to be able to listen to the POD sound through my speakers as i record, and also play back through my computer speakers. I currently have it just going through USB, but i have to listen to it all through headphones plugged into the pod. The quality also doesnt sound that great when recorded, so im not sure if thats anything to do with it only being through usb and not RCA. What equipment would i need to achieve that?

thanks in advance

Well you could just get a 1/4" to RCA patch cable I suppose and connect each of the two quarter inch outputs to each of the RCAs? Why do you want to connect it with both RCA and USB? Won't it just be transmitting the same audio? I thought the USB is for people who don't have a sound card/interface that has recording inputs.

As for the quality not being great, can you describe what you mean? In what way is it not great? It's hard to pin point the problem when the description is kind of relative.

First of all which POD X3 do you have? POD X3 Live or POD X3 Pro? There are some slightly different signal routing options....but even outside of that. There is no reason you should route any audio through your sound card using the X3, both versions have everything you need to play back audio anyway you like....connecting your speakers to your X3 may require some adapters but otherwise you need nothing to make it work properly.

Awesome! Thanks guys, i got it going.
I wanted to plug in with both USB and RCA so id be able to listen though my speakers, but also control it in Gear Box