STONE - Complete 9CD+DVD box

TribunalRecords

Record Label(s)/Vocalist
Sep 12, 2007
www.tribunalrecords.net
309371.jpg

There is a box set, when anyone gets is please give us update on quality, contains, etc. :)

Stone was (is) a speed/thrash metal band from Finland. The band included guitarist Roope Latvala who is now in Children of Bodom and drummer Pekka Kasari (ex. Amorphis). Certainly not the best thrash act of the 80's but not the worst either :)

True, they weren't the most innovative band from the 80's that played thrash, BUT they had the best sounding recordings during the time these albums were released. You could weigh them against anything that was put out by any other band, production wise. I remember buying them the first time around based on that alone. Plus, the musicianship was pretty tight. I didn't like the vocals, though. Didn't seem to fit well with the music. However, by the time "Emotional Playground" came out, he was much better.

So, this is a 9CD box set. Interested in seeing what the other 4 discs contain, seeing as how they only released 5 official albums,,

image_zps114e5681.jpg

Well it has arrived and I've browsed through it a bit. The box itself is great looking and made out of thick cardboard. The albums are individually packaged in thin cardboard sleeves. No booklets. There are a bunch of postcards included with logos, old bandphotos and democovers. Quite meaningless imho. There is a nice thick booklet included with a lenghty interview and album info but for some reason it all in their native finnish. Thankfully I know the language but I still don't understand why the hell they did it this way.

It doesn't say wheter the albums have been remastered (again) so I assume it's the same remastering as the original reissues.

All in all a cool and nice looking boxset.

CD 1 – Stone
CD 2 – No Anaesthesia!
CD 3 – Colours
CD 4 – Emotional Playground
CD 5 – Free
CD 6 – Demos & Rarities
CD 7 – Real Delusion / The Day Of Death
CD 8 – Back To The Stone Age / Symptom Of The Universe
CD 9 – Empty Suit / Friends / Empty Corner / Meat Mincing Machine

DVD – Get Stoned Stay Stoned

So three of the cds are just singles.

Ok, wow. I did a net search for labels/distributors that might be carrying this title. Looks like there's none for the U.S. as of yet. Besides the previously mentioned CDON, the next best label I found was Spinefarm Records, who do ship worldwide. But, the price is pretty steep. Ends up being about $80 USD. Nothing on Amazon, either. I did notice the title was just released, the other day, so I'm hoping it'll make it's way to us in the states.

Any one else has more to add to this, please share. Reading the liner notes to the discs, it looks like a winner. I will own this...:devil:

THANKS FOR THE INFO and PICS!! that rules to see it laid out. I am going to exercise some patience on this one and see if it comes over here. i bought 4 of the reissues already from before so it will be tough to get the set unless it's affordable.

Perhaps it'll be release over there in time. It's a bit weird though that all the infos and stuff is in Finnish. Seems it was mainly released for their native market. It's only available here in Sweden through the aforementioned CDON.com and that site serves the entire Scandinavian market.

I did get an English translation for the tracks that are in the box set. It appears there are a lot of demos and unreleased studio tracks on some of those discs, plus it contains the never before released on DVD "Still Stoned" live concert. Lots of cool stuff on this one, for sure.