STONE SOUR Pays Tribute To CHRIS CORNELL With 'Outshined' Performance At Rock On The Range...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STONE SOUR paid tribute to Chris Cornell by performing a cover version of SOUNDGARDEN's "Outshined" Thursday night (May 18) at the Rock On The Range Kick-Off Party at Express Live! (formerly LC Pavilion) in Columbus, Ohio. Prior into launching into the song, STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor addressed the crowd, telling them: "We lost a rock and roll brother today. As you know, we lost Chris Cornell from SOUNDGARDEN today, sadly. He was one of my favorite singers, he was one of my favorite fucking all-time songwriters, and the fact that he's gone makes this world a little bit smaller. So one time, make some fucking noise for Chris Cornell. I had the pleasure of hanging out with him, and he was, honestly, one of the coolest motherfuckers I have ever met in my fucking life. So we decided that we were gonna pay a little tribute to Mr. Cornell tonight. We learned this song today. In fact, I'm not completely sure we've learned it. But goddamn it, we're gonna give it our fucking best. I'm gonna do my best." Fan-filmed video footage of STONE SOUR's "Outshined" performance can be seen below. Cornell performed a concert with SOUNDGARDEN at the Fox Theatre in Detroit on Wednesday night (May 17) and was found dead in his hotel room at midnight. His death has since been ruled a suicide. STONE SOUR's new album, "Hydrograd", will be released on June 30 via Roadrunner. The disc was recorded at Sphere Studios in North Hollywood, California with producer Jay Ruston, who has previously worked with ANTHRAX and STEEL PANTHER.
stonesourrotrkickoffposter2017.jpg

Continue reading...