Stories - Enter the Void (Nolly/Misha Top Secret Audio Mix)

Trep

Mar 16, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I recently Produced an EP for this Australian band Stories.

The Mix was done by Nolly and Misha of Periphery as part of their new Production Project 'Top Secret Audio'

The whole EP comes out for Free Download next week (March 12)

Have a dig!

Stories - Enter the Void

I really want to hear what these guys can do with real drums - the Superior sound is way overdone and ruins the mix for me; I just can't get past that aspect of it.

Unfortunately due to a line up change mid recording real drums, we had to move to program drums. Its a real shame, I agree, Would be great to hear. Nolly and Misha were rather disappointed too.

Yeah it was a shame about the drummer situation but we're still pretty happy with the result, Toby @Sony DADC did a great job with the master too.
FWIW there is very little Superior in there, we only used cymbals from there, the rest is mainly our own samples and samples taken from the kit by Trep (Chris) at the start of the drum tracking.

I'm feeling a distinct lack of high end crispy goodness on the drum hits. They're just not clicking through like I want them to to in my head. They're loud enough but I feel like there isn't room for them. To be fair though the high end bit is likely from YT audio stream quality. I also felt like there could have been more going on with the vocals; it all seemed so down the center to me. That being said, this mix slams imo. Why aren't you fuckers coming to Cali btw?

with or without real drums i will wait for this album!

Nolly Nolly Nolly! hahahaha but still #teammustard