Storm Warrior - Heading Northe

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
so among the new (and some not so new) releases I received for Christmas, several were the latest by bands scheduled to perform at ProgPower XI. And the one that has absolutely floored me so far is StormWarrior Heading Northe.

OH MY GAWD :kickass:

there is not a single blemish on this album. Once it started I did not pause it, stop it, or ignore it. This album destroys anything else I received in my Christmas pile o' cds. The only other release I own by this band is the their second full release Northern Rage. And while it is 'good', this new one is oh so much better!

If you are a speed/power metal fan and you are on the fence concerning StormWarrior, pick up Heading Northe. You will not be disappointed. :worship:

Thank you Glenn - now more than ever - for inviting these guys over to perform. Great choice! I can see why this is the album that made the decision for you.

HOLY COW HOYT! I TOLD YOU! Stormwarrior was one of the first bands I listened to when i finally got blessed withe power metal!

Heading Northe FTW!

Easily the band I'm most excited for next year, which is odd because I'm not a huge power metal fan. Heading Northe is one of the best power metal albums ever.

Now you know why I was so excited when they were announced. This band is going to SLAY!

I have to admit one thing here... When I first heard this band, I didn't like it. When I saw them announced for ProgPower next year, it bothered me.

Then I checked "Heading Northe."

And now I really wanna see these guys bring it in Atlanta!

I love that video clip! I used to own Northern Rage years ago and liked it pretty well. I have much higher hopes for HN. I swear by all the metal gods I shall soon own my copy of this new album!:headbang::kickass:

I bought their first one at this year's PPUSA, and I found it largely unlistenable but I greatly admired the spirit behind it. I was worried that they might be another band that is great to see live, but doesn't come across great on disc. Perhaps this newer disc will change my mind...?

I got to the song where they start singing about metal and stopped. I'll go back... but ugh. So sick of bands doing that.

This is a band that I know nothing about, but I'll look into them. I wasn't in a big hurry, because I figured it was more of the same. Apparently, some of you have been impressed, so I'll go ahead and give it a listen. :kickass:

~Brian~