storytime! (Redone Carthage Track, Ibanez RG7321, Brice HXB, Logic Pro 8)

TreKita

Jan 19, 2010
SO a few of you know, 2 weeks ago, while upgrading the RAM in my PC, i inserted 2 bad sticks which cause my hard drive to get read errors, and eventually, the "click of death" (google it) occurred.

RIP Gateway GT5411E version 1

2006 - 2010

so i wend and bought good RAM and a 1 TB hard drive and got to thinking:

I have a blank 1 terabyte hard drive, a working computer with twice the RAM it used to, and a friend with a working Macbook Pro and the Retail install Disc.

so i got the idea to go and hackintosh my PC and much to my surprise and happiness, it WORKED!

so now I basically run a frankenstein PC with MAc OSX and Windows 7 dual booting, using cubase 5 on one platform and Logic Pro 8 on the other. (thank god for this government job or i couldn't afford ANY of this D: )

after the battle to get it working again was finished i mourned the loss of the clouds vrsus bushes EP, the Carthage EP and my second album.

all about 80% completed, now completely gone. :(

if you have seen the post where i was mentioned (my name is Tre watson) on metalsucks or heavy blog is heavy, the track being posted is from the old setup and is now gone and needing reconstruction. :/

anyway, now I'm tinkering in Logic.

I've redone Juxtaposition with Logic, new guitar tones, bass tones and Drum tones.

http://db.tt/tIbhSNa

check it out, Let me know how i can improve! I really appreciate you guys checking it out! and i appreciate the andy sneap forum so much for helping me improve in my mixing :D

Edit: for anyone Curious, I'm using Pod Farm and trying to get my tone right back to the Sweet spot i had it in before, there's still a little too much high end on it.

and there's nothing on the master bus. this is just the dry effects and superior going in, nothing overtop yet.

I really like this dude! I've already had a couple of listens, the bass tone sounds good in the mix, but on the section where you hear it really by itself, its a bit odd to me, but that might just be because its so low, but everything else, i'm fucking digging man!

thanks!

i might go and try to re-do the bass.

i was using the EQ in the Bass to mess with the sound and give it some rattle

I added some drive to the bass, but it starts getting realyl farty, I gotta work on it some. haha