STP fans...

DemonOfTheWoods

Your option out of here
Feb 4, 2006
Baltimore, MD
I doubt there are any fans of STP here, but if there are, has anyone caught one of the 2008 reunion shows and/or is anyone going to the show in Atlantic City on Saturday?

Just wondering....

I doubt there are any fans of STP here, but if there are, has anyone caught one of the 2008 reunion shows and/or is anyone going to the show in Atlantic City on Saturday?

Just wondering....

I'm a huge STP fan. I enjoy all their albums and, imo, they don't have a single bad song. Seen them numerous times live dating back to 1997 and they always put on a killer show.

I went to their Chicago show a few months back. It was an outdoor venue just a few hundred feet from the lake front, and it was cold as hell. Sadly, I think the weather put a damper on the crowd a bit. But, STP looked and sounded great. Weiland took a few songs to get warmed up due to the extreme cold, but after that he was great. I had checked out set lists of the few shows right before ours and it looked like mostly a "best of" type set. However, we got a totally different show. I'll post the setlist when I dig it up. Either way, I highly recommend catching them if you can.

I saw them open for Megadeth before they hit big. It was the only time I've seen them, and I thought they put on a great show.

I saw them in 1996 and 1998 and both times were killer. My mom is a big fan and never got see them, so I'm taking her to see them in NJ. Such a great live band. I've seen numerous reviews of this tour and it seems like they are changing it up alot. some best of shows, some obscure tracks shows, some mixed.

Can't wait for Saturday!

I love using STP oil treatment, and gas treatment. And it was the king Richard Petty that made it popular. oh........ wrong STP

Another thing STP has going for them is that the presence of those who embody the classic "rock star" persona is greatly lacking. Weiland, in my estimation, is one of the last of a dying breed. He's got the household name, the hollywood look, the rockstar/drug addict body, the women love him, the guys love him, the on-the-wagon/off-the-wagon battle with substance abuse, rockstar punctuality, etc, etc, etc. I just can't think of too many, especially in the same genre, who still have the whole rockstar package.

show on Saturday was awesome. Video screen with psychadelic footage playing the whole time. I'll make BlackRoseMetalHeart post her amazing pictures when I get home. they played about 2 hours, did 20 songs. Band was very energetic and solid.

for those interested, setlist was...(to the best of my memory)
1. Big Empty
2. Wicked Garden
3. Big Bang Baby
4. Silvergun Superman
5. Vasoline
6. Lounge Fly
7. Lady Picture Show
8. Sour Girl
9. Creep
10. Crackerman :headbang:
11. Plush (Weiland introduced this song as "Lunch")
12. Interstate Love Song
13. Coma
14. Too Cool Queenie
15. Down
16. Sex Type Thing
17. *really really long pointless jam*
18. Sin :)rock:my favorite STP song:headbang: Interesting song for a closer, as this is an obscure track)
**encore**
19. Dead & Bloated
20. Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart

Ask and ye shall receive:

l_c5892fd531f3e557f75d37044377ce7c.jpg

l_b49cc713517b9963fdd53beeff7f6e8d.jpg

l_24bd3ad3855b950b52761b37552450da.jpg

l_ad52087d5ad7763e9a1561fcb18517eb.jpg

l_84fbab797d9fb30f4027fc88be3ecaa6.jpg

l_d122fb029e96a9ea62073de83d75c697.jpg

That was an awesome show! :headbang:

Sin and Silvergun Superman were the highlights for me at the Chicago show. Definitely didn't expect Sin. Too Cool Queenie was nice too considering they didn't play shit off Shangra when they toured it.