Straight from the Bruce's mouth

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Courtesy of www.chaosmusic.com

[font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif][font=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Iron Maiden vocalist Bruce Dickinson gave an interview to the British radio network BBC’s Radio 1 to plug the bands forthcoming appearance at the Download festival later this month at Donington Park. The interviewer asked Dickinson if he was disappointed with the news that Limp Bizkit had pulled out of the festival and Dickinson replied, “Well, you know…it's erm…no! Personally, I'd want to see Audioslave than Limp Bizkit any day of the week. I don't think people are going to get any less for their money by not seeing Fred Durst with his baseball cap on the wrong way. From the point of view of our tickets sales, it makes no difference because ya boo sucks, we sold more tickets than they did anyway. Oops! (laughs).”

Since when is Donington called Download? :confused:

W
[/font]
[/font]

Good call goreripper! :lol:

Speaking of blonde fuckwits... anyone hear that Eminem won't allow Weird Al to do a parody filmclip of "Lose Yourself" because it will demean his street cred.... ummm, hello... just how did you get famous again? :rolleyes:

Wrathchild said:
Since when is Donington called Download? :confused:

W

Since this year. It's not the same old Donington (which hasn't been held since... what, 1998 or so?), it's a three day festival or something, just being held at the same place.

Donington was never called 'Donington' anyway - it was Monsters of Rock, which just happened to be held at Donington (and is now a touring show of outdated rockers...).

But it was Donington! Nobody said "Who's headlining Monsters of Rock this year?", they said "Who's headlining Donington this year?". Monsters of Rock was the big tour, while Donington was the big show.

Ignorant peasants the lot of 'em! When a kid first starts to enjoy metal music, they should have to go through an initiation ritual that instructs them to face Donington and pray three times daily.

In my day we respected the festival, looking forward to it each year even though we didn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting there.
Now they're calling it "Download" and poncing about with their MP3 players and their live webcasts? I don't think so :mad:. That's like putting a hot-dog stand up at Stonehenge, that is...

Bloody namby-pamby nonsense. Tell 'em to fook off, I'm watching the bloody golf :lol:.

W

Well, it IS a different festival just at the same locale ;) If they called it Donington with THIS lineup there'd be hell to pay!! :mad: