Strange ending of "Omerta"... CD error?

King Fear

Straight Outta Blashyrkh
Apr 12, 2002
Lhasa, Tibet
Visit site
On my copy of VE, at the end (2:55) of track 12, "Omerta", the song stops suddenly and unexpectedly after the line "tell them I love them, I miss them" - now is this there on purpose or is it a manufacturing error? I'd say it is the latter, cause really sounds strange to me, and does not make much sense in the context of the song.

Does anybody have a longer version without this error? Somebody who downloaded it from the web, perhaps?

Thanks for your help.

it sounds like its done on purpose, its like finishing with say an important lyric that they want to declare:

TELL THEM I LOVE THEM, I MISS THEM

I actually like the way this has ended as I think it adds impact to the song

Of course it was done on purpose. Do you really think a record company would print thousands and thousands of copies of cd that was so wrong? hahahaha.

This ain't pop. There are no barriers here. Plus, I think it ends perfectly, right at a key moment.

This is easily my favourite song from the album.

And I like that description of the way it ends [poisoned, dies] - but at first I did wonder why it just ended, but I don't think it sounds bad at all - I personally would have ended on a muted note or quickly faded the guitar out, but it still works very very well.

And yup, music is the best form of art in my opinion, and who suddenly made up rules for the way songs have to be? #You're a pop band if you start doing that...

this is also not the only album they have done which ends abruptly. From an interview in Metal Maniacs, June 1998:
[after interviewer comments on abrupt ending of Discouraged Ones]
Anders: "Hmm, you must be the first one who took significant notice of it. Yes, indeed, we really like adding these deadly abrupt cuts to some of our endings. I mean, you get this effect of passing over a threshold from one thing to the total opposite in one second. The main purpose of the songs is to completely drain the listener with a very dark and melancholic mood........ then the result of having such a moment of atmosphere end in a sudden break of silence is quite breathtaking. It's not what you expect to happen and we like that... it leaves you alone with a void"