Stratovarius Live DVD

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
The news of drummer Jörg Michael's departure from the Finnish melodic metal brigade STRATOVARIUS in September 2011 was a shock for all of the band's fans. To say goodbye to a friend, hero and member who characterized Stratovarius' sound for over a decade, the group embarked on a five-show farewell tour of Finland in November of last year. Before returning with a brand new studio album in 2013, Stratovarius will release a two-hour 2-CD/DVD set filmed and recorded in Tampere, Finland on November 19, 2011. This is one of the very last shows the band played with Michael.

Set for North American release on August 28, 2012 via Eagle Rock imprint Armoury Records, Under Flaming Winter Skies - Live In Tampere, which entered the Music DVD chart in Finland at position No. 1 upon its first week of release overseas, marks the end of an era as well as a new beginning. Hits and classics like 'Under Flaming Skies', 'Speed Of Light' and 'Hunting High And Low' as well as exclusive bonus material (30-minute documentary about the band's history, exclusive interviews with each member as well as a special comment from Jörg Michael regarding reasons for his departure) makes it a must-have for every fan and a real collector's item not to be missed.

Been waiting for this for *months,* ever since they announced they were going to film it back at the end of last year. Third time attempting the DVD is the charm, it seems! I can't wait..

can anyone let me know is the sound any good on the DVD

from what i have heard from the samples it didnt sound amazing.... ie kick drum was low in mix

let me know as i am ready to place the order :headbang: