Stratovarius set list (Buenos Aires)

Question: Why is everyone always down on the Elements Discs? It sounds just like every other album they've released.

I like this band, don't get me wrong, but I was really excited to hear them with the gal singer just cos it would have been different.

I pretty much have every Strat album and there's not much in variety here. That's not a bad thing though. When I buy a Slayer album, I expect a Slayer album. So you get my point. If the Elements discs are just like all the rest... why all the hate and no praise?

I'm just curious.

I pretty much have every Strat album and there's not much in variety here.

then I assume you don't have the first three. There's more variety in EACH of those albums than in the rest of their discography combined.

General Zod said:
Damn! They're playing 17 songs I don't want to hear. I had a feeling this would happen. Oh well. I was hoping, that they would simply use their alloted time to play a tribute to Nevermore. Alas... it's not to be.:erk:

Zod

tribute to Nevermore?? lol

now that would be an awesome band I would see at PP!!!

Okay, so does that mean that “Maniac Dance,” “Land of Ice and Snow,” and “United” are all off of the new album?

This set-list is relying very heavily off of Episode and Visions. Is this because these were the albums that featured Timo Kotipelto (including Fourth Dimension, of course)? Still, I’m disappointed that there is not more off of Destiny and Infinite. And even though it was a “filler disc,” I still liked Intermission, too.

I still don’t understand why everyone is bent-out-of-shape about the Elements discs. Maybe they aren’t quite as strong as some of the earlier works, but there are some brilliant moments – A Drop in the Ocean is a very under-rated track IMHO.

Oh well, I’m just happy I get to see them! A mediocre Stratovarius set-list is better than a great Slipknot set-list!

General Zod said:
Oh well. I was hoping, that they would simply use their alloted time to play a tribute to Nevermore. Alas... it's not to be.:erk:

Zod
That, sir, is not funny...don't even joke about such a thing. :)

This set-list is relying very heavily off of Episode and Visions. Is this because these were the albums that featured Timo Kotipelto (including Fourth Dimension, of course)?

I don't know, but it seems like most big power metal bands that play ProgPower for the first time do a sort of "greatest hits" show, featuring their more well-known material, instead of playing a lot of newer material. The rationale, I guess, is that it's their first time in the states (or close to it), and 99% of their fans here haven't had the chance to see them play these songs live before. I know that Edguy, Symphony X, and Gamma Ray did this, during their first PPUSA performances.

General Zod said:
Possibly. As of now, the plan is to drink at a comfortable pace, through PC69s set. I plan to increase the pace after that. So, by the time Strat goes on, I'll either be headbanging wildly or taunting the band.:loco:

--Plus, you'll be totally ready to step in as a special guest urinator if Glenn wants a stand-in to pee on Jens' leg. :tickled:

....playing 'Dreaming Neon Black' in its entirety

Hell, I'd be happy to hear Nevermore play just that song someday. :D

The following data should help you prepare for the Stratovarius set at ProgPower.

Enjoy!
SwordLord
SwordLord2003@aol.com

Stratovarius albums
Fright Night (1989)
Twilight Time (1992)
Dreamscape (1994)
Fourth Dimension (1995)
Episode (1996)
Visions (1997)
Destiny (1998)
Infinite (2000)
Intermission (2001)
Elements Part 1 (2003)
Elements Part 2 (2003)
New ??? (2005)

From the Stratovarius Forum:

Maniac Dance (new?)
Speed Of Light (Episode)
Kiss of Judas (Visions)
Legions (Visions)
Twilight Symphony (Fourth Dimension)
Will the sun rise? (Episode)
***Lauri Porra's Bass solo
Land Of Ice and Snow (new?)
United (new?)
Against The Wind (Fourth Dimension)
Season Of Change (Episode)
Father Time (Episode)
Coming Home (Visions)
Destiny (Destiny)
Hunting High and Low (Infinite)
---------------------------
Forever (Episode)
Black Diamond (Visions)

Songs per album: Episode – 5
Visions – 4
NEW - 3
Fourth Dimension – 2
Destiny – 1
Infinite – 1

OMISSIONS: Maniac Dance, Land of Ice and Snow, United – presumably off the new album

AGAINST THE WIND
(Music: Tolkki / Lyrics: Kotipelto)

Once again I tried to make things work, facing all the power of society. Searching all the answers of the life I'll never make it on my own. Was I meant to fail every time? Seems to me that's my destiny.

Is it all that's left for me, confusion and bad memories.

But now my time has come, no more running in the dark. I want much more than this, I really want it all.

Against the wind we run to every place under the sun.
We got so much power inside we will never give up.
Against the wind we go, towards the new shore.
Together we forget the sorrow it's forever gone.

BLACK DIAMOND
(Music: Tolkki / Lyrics: Tolkki-Kotipelto)

Again I see you standing there watching me. Your gaze, those eyes are tantalizing openly.

Inviting me to get close to you, can't help myself. There's fascination in the air.

I try to fight this strong sensation but there's no chance to escape from this temptation.

Feels like I've known you before, repeating phrases, but I yearn for something more.

I know I can't stay by your side forever, but I know I won't forget your beauty,
my Black Diamond.

COMING HOME
(Music: Tolkki / Lyrics: Tolkki)

I wake up in the morning so far away from home, trying to make it through the day. Many miles are between us, I'm sending my love from this payphone.

Through the storms we've wandered, many mountains we have climbed but all the bad times are behind.

The road is free - I'm coming Home.

Without you I am like a ship without it's sails, calling the wind to save me. I'd climb the highest mountain, I'd cross the seven seas just to see your smile again. All the trust that was built along the years is coming back to stay I know.

Just look ahead the road is free - I'm coming Home.

With every step I'm closer to home, when I'm back you won't be alone. Soon I'll see the familiar door before my eyes and you.

DESTINY
(Music: Tolkki / Lyrics: Tolkki)

The times are changing so fast, I wonder how long it lasts. The clock is ticking time is running out. The hatred fills this Earth and for what is worth, we're in the end before we know.

Throughout the years I have struggled to find the answer that I never knew. It strucked me like a million lightnings and here I am telling to you.

Every second of day it is coming your way, future unknown is here to stay. Got to open your mind or you will be led to astray.

There's a time to live, there's a time to die. But no one can't escape the Destiny.

Look all the things we've done, under the burning sun. Is this the way to carry on? So take a look at yourself and tell me what do you see. A wolf in clothes of the lamb?

Throughout the years I have struggled to find the answer that I never knew. It strucked me like a million lightnings and here I am telling to you.

Every second of day it is coming your way, future unknown is here to stay. Got to open your mind or you will be led to astray.

Let your spirit free, through window of your mind.
Unchain your soul from hate, all you need is faith.
I control my Life, I am the One.
You control your Life but don't forget Your Destiny...

It's time to say goodbye, I know it will make you cry. You make your destiny. I know you'll find the way.

And outside the Sun is bright. The things will be alright. I will be back one day to you. So please wait for ME

FATHER TIME
(Music: Tolkki / Lyrics: Kotipelto-Johnson)

Walking down the path that lead me to my memories. Facing all the way without a care in my stride. Where are the friends of my yesterday, have they moved on with their lives. Can we still laugh and joke about things like before.

There's no need to hide the past that I have left behind. It's a good resource somewhere to reach out. It shouldn't be all up to them, keeping in touch ain't that easy but I'll have to try.

Where have all the years gone that's what I am asking now.
What have I learned so far tell me Father Time - tell me now.

Now I understand I'll take from time what I need And I store it inside it's there for me to find I can't deny that the years will pass by but it won't bother me. Coz now I will set out to realize my dream.

Where have all the years gone that's what I am asking now. What have I learned so far tell me Father Time - tell me now.

FOREVER
(Music: Tolkki / Lyrics:Tolkki)

I stand alone in the darkness. The winter of my life came so fast. Memories go back to my childhood to days I still recall.

Oh how happy I was then, there was no sorrow there was no pain. Walking through the green fields sunshine in my eyes.

I'm still there everywhere, I'm the dust in the wind.
I'm the star in the northern sky.
I never stayed anywhere I'm the wind in the trees.

HUNTING HIGH AND LOW

I feel the wind in my hair, and it's whispering, telling me things, of the storm that is gathering near. Full of power I'm spreading my wings.

Now I'm leaving my worries behind. Feel the freedom of body and mind I have started my journey. I'm drifting away with the wind I go...

I am Hunting High and Low.
Diving from the sky above looking for, more and more.
Once again I´m Hunting High and Low.
Sometimes I may win sometimes I´ll lose It´s just a game that I play.

After the storm there´s a calm. Through the clouds shines a ray of the sun. I am carried from all of my harm there is no-one that I can't outrun.

Now I´m leaving my worries behind- Feel the freedom of body and mind I have started my journey. I'm drifting away with the wind I fly.

THE KISS OF JUDAS

I hear footsteps dosing in recognizing them from my early days. The times are different the image remains the same, repeating back flashes remembering the name, approaching visions of things. I can't recall, a familiar smile awakes the pain.

Unkept promises, the night awaits, the act of confidence.

The kiss of Judas haunts me once again.

In your private chamber, you're all done. The well earned silver pieces falling to the floor. The flame of the candle costing movements to the wall, your eyes filled with guilt keep staring at the door.

LEGIONS

Far in the core of the earth, first it was given birth. We heard the call the message was so clear. The tracks were laid for the future to come.

Sons and daughters of the Rising Sun, the armies in Europe here we come. We run like the wind we play from the heart, now we are here together we sing.

Faster than light, higher than the sky, tonight we're together again.
Never give up and give in, stronger than steel we're the legions of the twilight.

We survived the hard times, never accepted the lies, you run like the wind you sing from the heart. Now that we're here together we'll sing.

Never give up and give in, stronger than steel we're the legions of the twilight.

When we have to go back home again, we'll keep the mem'ries we gained inside our hearts.

Raise your hands for us!

SEASON OF CHANGE

Season of Change life feels so strange. Look into my eyes do you see the truth. I'm lost and alone feelings unknown. They come to me stronger than before.

On winds of time my soul will fly. The angels are knocking at my door. Oh now I need to be free from all this hatred I feel inside.

Let it be my dreams, let it be my thoughts.
All those thing in my heart.
One too many days, one too many years I wasted for nothing.
I never realized the truth is inside of every man for all to see.
Listen to me now I'm so close to you, never felt like this before.

The carousel is spinning fast, better enjoy while it lasts.
Every moment is like gold, You'll remember when you're old.
And the meaning of this life is to live and is to die.
Make the best out of your dreams, they are the world where you are free.
All the sorrow and the pain will be washed away by rain an eternal joy will come I can be found by everyone.
Though the end is drawing near I'm not feeling any fear.
I have found the truth inside after all the tears I cry.

Season of Change...

SPEED OF LIGHT

Today is just another day of my life too short to live. I should have somekind of meaning a destiny to believe in before I go to sleep.

I find some pictures of a time when everything was still so fine. Although the years have passed by.

I will give it all I have inside...everything.

I'm away lost in my thoughts, everyday my life goes by at the speed of Light.

TWILIGHT SYMPHONY

I'm entering into the woods. I left everything behind. I have to follow my heart. Don't know what I'm looking for. Starlight's guiding my way to old black oak where we meet. Now it's full moon.

Other side is calling me.
Singing dancing this is no dream.

Twilight Symphony

The feast is going on. Rapture never seen before. The fury is taking us to a new level soon. Hearing voices everywhere telling me what to do. Giving me answers.

Other side is calling me.
Singing dancing this is no dream

Twilight Symphony

The spirits are calling me
I only wish to die, there is no question why...anymore.

WILL THE SUN RISE?

Throwing my dreams out of my mind casting them into the sky. Canceling tasks I've delayed for so long now it's do or die.

I can't be seen I can't be heard but I am here and I am wondering.

Will the sun rise tomorrow will it light up my sky.
Can I wake up with no sorrow awaiting.
Will the sun Rise tomorrow, will I still see the dawn and not worry 'bout the future at all.

At the end of each day I promise myself, I'd better start to live. Coz sooner or later I'll find out there's so much I can give.

I can't be seen I can't be heard but I am here and I am wondering.

Will the sun rise tomorrow will it light up my sky Can I wake up with no sorrow awaiting.
Will the sun Rise tomorrow, will I still see the dawn and not worry 'bout the future at all.

Other Possible Additions:

S.O.S.
(Music: Tolkki / Lyrics: Tolkki-Kotipelto)

I'm waiting for the rain now, to settle the dusty air. Clearing up my emotions. Facing it all if I dare.

I've been thinking, I've been trying but I've always been denying. Wasted days are still inside of me, it's time to set them free.

Why don't we see what is going on? There are not so many years to be wasted until the damage is done and the beauty is gone.

Save Our Souls.
What is the price that we pay?
Save Our Souls.
Do we have nothing to say?