Strikelight - 'Strikelight'

Oct 17, 2006
http://www.strikelight.net/site/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=1

Highly recommended for fans of 'Necropolis' style Manilla Road - (A style even Manilla Road didn't even expand too much on). This is an amazing (2005) debut CD from this Greek band. Why recommend this C.D.??

Well - Here's the closing statement from their history page...
"In conclusion, one thing remains: the love for N.W.O.B.H.M. and 80’s Heavy Metal!!"
IMO They can pride themselves on a job WELL done.

It is obvious listening to this CD - they've developed a style and approach to the genre that neither becomes boring or redundant. This CD, though maybe not scoring too high for originality and for being influenced by many great artists preceeding them is a refreshing addition to the genre. I even detect a bit of Jefferson Starship influence in one song which flows nicely with the rest of the CD. On this album - they demonstrate several different styles, each successfully achieved. One thing - It's not an ultra-heavy epic sounding work but it is an outstanding set of songs by a newcomer to the Old School.

I do look forward to any new material as it will sure be interesting to here what the singer's voice sounds like after it matures a bit.

Well - Here's the closing statement from their history page...
"In conclusion, one thing remains: the love for N.W.O.B.H.M. and 80’s Heavy Metal!!"
IMO They can pride themselves on a job WELL done.

You said it all in a few words. :D
Strikelight are also very good at their live performances and it's not a surprise for me that you like this CD.

As I heard they are working on new material right now and the time for the new album is close. :kickass:

The new Strikelight CD has been recorded and is ready to be released!

The band has a new, better singer now and I am sure that the album will kick some serious ass!

You can find below an amateur shot of "Angel In Exile", from their last November's live performance, supporting the mighty Angelwitch:

Pure NWOBHM, highly recommended to every (early) Iron Maiden and Tokyo Blade fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to hear some good news about Strikelight. I got both, "S/T" album and "My living hell" single. They aren´t the best band in the world but they´re solid.

Hawk, the thread's from 2007. I know, I was wondering that myself for a minute.

Seems PMR has evaporated. Hope all is well with him.

Yeah, I saw this thread and jumped in to see if he was back...

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, I didn't know that I would cause that problem. I also hope that PMR is well...

Anyway, I just returned from Strikelight's live at Up the Hammers warm up party and for one more time they were great. They also covered the legendary "Sortilege" tune! I saw that some people were recording this, so if I find it uploaded on youtube I 'll let you know!