Studio Costs

I depends on whos studio you use I suppose. I had a friend of mine who actually got free studio time, when the owner refused to take his money.

You can pay around $1000 a week for a reasonable studio, without engineer. Your talking around $1500/2000 a week for a studio with engineer. For a decent studio and engineer you can pay $5000 a week easily. It's goes up from there basically.

in other words: until you've got an album ready to go, leave it off. it'll cost you a fortune, and only by selling cds are you going to make that money back.

Silent Song said:
in other words: until you've got an album ready to go, leave it off. it'll cost you a fortune, and only by selling cds are you going to make that money back.

And by selling merchandise! :loco:

The closest studio to where I am is 350 Euro's for 8 hours. 600 Euro's for 24 hour lockout. And add a few hundred more for the Engineer to be there.

Also you may want to look for audio schools in your area. Novice sound engineers rates are pretty cheap, but of course you get what you pay for. Don't expect Eric Rutan sound on an Oreo cookie bugdet. :p I know out here in Baltimore we have "Scheffeilds Recording Studio" which does just that. I aslo know alot of bands that have booked time there and been happy with the results. It's worth it if you're on a budget.