Studio report #5

Mar 14, 2002
Malmö
www.skyfireonline.net
Word up!

Two weeks have passed and 8 songs are completed. Since these songs only are about 37-38 minutes long together we felt that we needed another one. So a new song was written this friday and we have started to record it this morning. The new song contains a lot of progressive elements but still have the typical Skyfire sound :D. When this one is finished we will begin the mixing process, which probably gonna be hell because of all the stuff that is going on all the time :p.

Martin, Jocke and I have started to think about which order the songs should appear on the album. I thought you guys would be intersted in hearing something about each song so I'll give you a brief presentation of each song..... here goes:

(in current running order with working titles)

1. "Oldest song" - Written by Martin and Andreas about a year ago. It's a short fast song with lot's of hit elements and great melodies. We felt that this one is a pretty much sums up what the rest of the album contains so we put it as track number one. One of my personal favorites right now. Running time about 3.20

2. "Number two" :lol: - Written mostly by Andreas. Finished the day before we went to the studio. Contains cool keyboards on intro, verse and bridge. The break after about 2 minutes is really cool and headbanging is mandatory... although it contains some pretty weird stuff ;) Running time about 5.15

3. "Starts with vocals" - Written mostly by Martin. Starts with Henke screaming and a thrashy verse, The bridge is really melodic and ends up in a cool refrain. There is a progressive meshuggah-style break with piano and tapping... really cool. This song grows on you.. Running time about 4.30

4. "Dawn will break" - Written by Martin. A somewhat slower song with great melodies. This is one the two songs we have experimented with clean vocals on... but we have now decided that clean vocals will have to wait.. it didn't really fit. Running time about 3.30

5. "Memories" - Written by Andreas. Great guitar intro and guitar work in general. This one was performed live on our debut gig so it was the only one all of us actually knew when we got here :lol: Running time about 4:50

6. "New song" - Written by Martin, Andreas and Jocke in the studio. The break is probably the most experimental stuff we have done so far. Progressive melodies and rhythms...tempo changes....you get the point. I don't know what to think of this one yet since only drums have been recorded. Running time about 6 minutes

7. "Euphoria" - Written by Martin. Kinda slow song with great melodies. Sounds a bit odd in the beginning but it really grows on you. Running time is about 4:15 I think

8. "Fast one" - Written by Martin. Really cool fast thrashy song with melodic bridge and refrain. 4 minutes long

9. "Mind Revolution" - Written mostly by Andreas. Best song according to all of us (I think?!). 6.30 minute song containing everything. Starts with a cool piano riff building up a great feeling with a long intro before the first verse. The verse is absolutely amazing and so is the bridge/refrain. Can't wait for you to hear it...

That's all for now...I'll be back with another report later this week!

See ya!
/Jonas :headbang:

sounds like this new album is really gonna make an impact guys. i cant wait to get my hands on it.

and even tho im slaving away at college i found time to visit my favourite forum :lol:

keep up the good work guys.

:worship: haha, great fucking news, and the previews of the songs make my mouth water...or is that my ears? :err: :lol: Cant fucking wait guys, keep up the good work!

:headbang: :headbang:

yeah sucks how theyre just about done yet we wont get to have the album in our grubby lil hands til like.....April next year :lol:

wow, gr8 to see an ex-skyfire member hanging around. i bet it feels weird going on a forum as a visitor of a band that u originally played in, well it would for me anyway.

are u in another band by the way? cause i'll download some stuff by them if you are.

Originally posted by Grevén
The only band i´m active in now is Chaos Feeds Life, and they have been inactive for several years... ;)

But I think CFL will start writing new songs pretty soon... we have some ideas... :)

I LOVE CHAOS FEEDS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!