Stuff you've given away / sold / traded, and now regret

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
A 1972 Dual Turntable. Sold it off in 1989 for next to nothing, thinking vinyl was dead forever once CD's took off. To me, it was like a Betamax VCR.

*shoots self*

I did keep all my (now) collectors items vinyl though - "Darkside of the Moon" promo copy, some other classic rock shit. It's all in London though, sitting with my Washburn KC-40V.

Had Sepultura - Schizophrenia ... signed by the whole band ... on theor first trip over from Brazil. And it was the Cogumelo records version ... before they were signed to Roadrunner.

Also regret selling ALL my records about 10 years ago. Must have had at least 300. :(

One Inch Man said:
Hours though? Shit I used to have this old beater amp with 4 giant 6550 and 8 12AX7 tubes and it took about 10 minutes to warm up. Jesus fucking christ that was the loudest 120 watts I've ever heard. Still sorta pissed I traded them shitz for a DOD chorus pedal and some broken lazyboy chair. :zombie:
This.

I've traded away CDs that I've later repurchased, but never anything rare. I've considered selling off rare shit just to have extra cash, but unless I was desperately in need, that would be stupid.

One thing I'll always keep is musical instruments. Way too personal, even if you never play them anymore. Like my old Arbor bass that hasn't even been strung in 8 years, no fucking way am I selling the bass I learned Jerry Was a Racecar Driver on. :kickass:

Fuck, that's another one. I traded away my first electric guitar for a BBC model B (in 1991):

bbc_b_m2.jpg

Yeah, PC's were already out then (shitty 386's), but this looked cool on a coffee table. :loco: Plus the coolest videogame from the mid'80's was called ELITE. It had a cult like following, so I joined in a few years late, but was too stoned to keep up. In fact, no lie, the computer even has a burn hole in the side from a doobie resting on an ashtray the wrong way round.

I also regret lending a buddy my old graphics card a few years back. It's not that I miss it or need it, its that he took it and sold it behind my back and used the money to buy useless shit (and to this day he has never compensated me)

Pyrus said:
I had Stained Class & Screaming For Vengeance on vinyl and gave them to a hot chick. She moved to Prague. I didn't get any, and she kept my Priest records.
HAHA sorry but you sir were O W N E D

I never get rid of anything. Though I am regretting lending my Strong Bad Sings CD to the guitarist in my band two days before I decided to fire him...still haven't told him yet >_<

I definitely regret trading my Opeth 7'' for a copy of Vargnatt. What's funny is that I sent the 7'' and go no Vargnatt. Yeah, I got ripped off!

@Mark: :/ What an arsehole. Yes, that's a regret.

I regret giving away mon coeur a few times. I got it back but broken. Now it's fixed well with duct tape and next time I'll be more careful... or trade it for something in return.

Marksveld said:
I definitely regret trading my Opeth 7'' for a copy of Vargnatt. What's funny is that I sent the 7'' and go no Vargnatt. Yeah, I got ripped off!

oh shit, you got owned.:erk:

that sucks. id probably book a fucking flight to the dude's address. :tickled:

or tell us where he is and if he's nearby, we'll vandalise his house.

@Jay: non. Everyone knows I'm a virgin. :p

Katatonia - Jhva Elohim Meth.. The Revival (CD & LP) + Saw You Drown (I regretted it before i sold them but i needed to money badly)