Stupid question about kontakt

alex2411

Dec 29, 2013
Montral,canada
I want to buy a cymbal pack from joey sturgis, in the info it says that I need kontakt 5+ full

a5uruvet.jpg

.... What is that o_O I asked on joey sturgis forum but no body answers me , if anyone knows if a standar kontakt 5 would work cause i don't wanna spend 55$ for nothing . Thanks

I guess you'll be fine. He probably just wanted to mention that Kontakt Player doesn't work. No guarantee though..

Yes, Kontakt Player can only use Licensed Kontakt Instruments. The licensing costs developers a shitload of money, so most of the small companies don't license their stuff for Kontakt Player.

That just means that you need Kontakt rather than Kontakt Player, and yes, there is a difference between the two. A sample pack maker has to purchase the right from NI for their samples to play in Kontakt Player, so most sample packs only work in the full (e.g., paid) version of Kontakt. It sounds like Joey's samples fall into this category. But Kontakt is worth the price, and it does go on sale a couple of times a year (mid to late summer and again at the end of November into December).