_THE_ Joey Sturgis POD patch preset settings HERE!

I've got to admit, a good semi-distorted bass sound balanced properly DOES make the Guitars sound huge!!!!

It does not need as much low end as you think either - think of it as a 3rd Guitar down the centre of the mix - the trick is though to balance it with the mix.

good call on the low cut i just did it and it sounds alot better. im thinking maybe i should record the bass first and eq the guitars in conjunction with the bass.

I've got to admit, a good semi-distorted bass sound balanced properly DOES make the Guitars sound huge!!!!

It does not need as much low end as you think either - think of it as a 3rd Guitar down the centre of the mix - the trick is though to balance it with the mix.

so the bass is somewhat distorted? is this the case in a lot of metal? i actually dont know lol

you may want to track your guitars 1st and bass after just for tuning purposes. Thats a bit much to get into but there is no real right or wrong way to do things ... only whats right and wrong for your particular workflow (as you develop one)

bass distortion is all a matter of taste ... again, no right or wrong way to do it ... depends what end result your trying to achieve

IF you're using a pod remember to get a lot more gain from the TS (like you would with a real amp), most of the amps tend to crap out after the gain is past 50%, and I would very rarely raise it past 40% for Rhyhtms, got that tip off Seth here and its a fast ticket to that super awesome squishy sound you can get out of them on palm mutes.

Try giving it a fair amount of gain from the TS, but with low drive. Fiddle with gain and tone to taste :D

Yeah ill give that a try i know what your saying about the gain on a lot of amps they just start sounding bad. i never really adjusted the settings on the tubescreamer but ill give it a go an see what happens, thanks. and as for the distorted bass, the ending result im trying to get to is like a miss may i, woe is me kind of sound. im not sure if they distort the bass if they did i wouldn't know.

I can almost guarantee that there would be at least some gritty bass in there somewhere just duplicate your normal bass track and add something to dirty it up, I'd high pass this track until the low end stops clashing with the original bass, just apply dirt to taste and blend in

The opening tone in podfarm is actually really cool for this, get rid of the delay Verb and compression, and put the bass OD sim before the amp, dime the treble and turn down the bass a bit an adjust the drive to taste

I can almost guarantee that there would be at least some gritty bass in there somewhere just duplicate your normal bass track and add something to dirty it up, I'd high pass this track until the low end stops clashing with the original bass, just apply dirt to taste and blend in

The opening tone in podfarm is actually really cool for this, get rid of the delay Verb and compression, and put the bass OD sim before the amp, dime the treble and turn down the bass a bit an adjust the drive to taste

i just did all of this, and the mix sound alot better. took most of the lows from the guitars and used the opening tone in pf for the bass. im actually pretty damn happy with the sound so far. thanks man

Don't just use that tone! Blend it with something for the subs! I'll whack the patch up as I don't feel like its any sort of big tone secret or anything as I discovered it by having my bass plugged in whilst opening podfarm and having a little bit of a jam haha.

This track is this patch fiddled with a bit.
http://soundcloud.com/temple-studios/fashion-for-the-dead

Don't get me started on the song, dude was on ice thought it was funny, also thought the terrible electronic part was great and wanted it to sound "deliberately bad."
Bass sounds cool though!

Ya .. you are failing majorly hard. Give up and go play the tuba. You suck as a producer / guitarist / whatever you are .... real musicians know better then to ask a dumb fucking question like this and further more real musicians want nothing to do with Sturgis Pod tones. Go ask joey on his forum.....

Ya .. you are failing majorly hard. Give up and go play the tuba. You suck as a producer / guitarist / whatever you are .... real musicians know better then to ask a dumb fucking question like this and further more real musicians want nothing to do with Sturgis Pod tones. Go ask joey on his forum.....

:zombie: bad week of the month?

guitarguru777 said:

Haha want your money back? -.- get over it dude.

And yea I thought it sounded good