joey sturgis pod guitars TACT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2008
now, i´ve a POD XT Pro and i´m making some tests (spdif, balanced outputs and vst) and i´ve a question for you and joey,
i get decent good tones with POD BUT joey guitars have a different tact. it´s impossible for me to get that tact in my tones (i like some tones i get but i speak about that "tact").
some different processing in guitars?
help joey, it would be appreciated.

he uses different impulses for example?
i repeat, impossible to get that tact.

sidewaysdude.jpg
How do tact?

:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:
sorry.:rofl:. i´m not english. i use "tact" for final tone...mmm, i don´t find more words...:rofl:DDDDDDDDDDD
when i process my xt tone, lp at 12khz for example and more things sometimes i like tone, yes, i like my tone but...my guitar track hasn´t that joey texture sound...why¿?

he said, for example, in we came as romans song, he only applied lp at 12khz...my tone sounds good but, i repeat, it hasn´t that final texture... (and i tried pod x3, xt...)

There's the fact that 70% of the tone comes from the player hands, when I track bands they always track through my podxt with the same patch for monitoring but the tone never sounds the same

But what is Tact (like 4/4....or like sync from a clock...???)

what do you refer?

There's the fact that 70% of the tone comes from the player hands, when I track bands they always track through my podxt with the same patch for monitoring but the tone never sounds the same

mmm, but, i refer to final texture...i meet incredible guitar players (different tones playing) but finall effect texture is always the same...in joey recordings all tones sound different (pod sound but a bit different, like impulses)...

in joey recordings all tones sound different.

I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. As much as I enjoy Joey's work, most of it sounds really similar and the guitars are never that great IMHO. You're trying to copy a digital emulation... A copy of a copy. Just get a real amp and cab, and spend some time learning how to mic it up. That's what Joey should really be doing, too.

I'm sorry, but this just isn't true. As much as I enjoy Joey's work, most of it sounds really similar and the guitars are never that great IMHO. You're trying to copy a digital emulation... A copy of a copy. Just get a real amp and cab, and spend some time learning how to mic it up. That's what Joey should really be doing, too.

"in joey recordings all tones sound different."

i refer that joey pod tones sound different to all rest people pod tones.;)

ehhh
I don't 100% agree with this statement.
Yea, there is a certain sound you can only get from micing up a real amp and cab.
but this sound isn't exactly better than Joey's pod tones
just different.
He's obviously found something that works for him and his clients.
Why change it?
I love using my pod and prefer the sound of it over quite a few miced tones that I've heard.
No it doesn't sound like a cranked dual rec,
but nothing does except a cranked dual rec.
:kickass:

Just get a real amp and cab, and spend some time learning how to mic it up. That's what Joey should really be doing too.

I love when people tell others that are asking for a particular tone that happens to be created from digital modeling (as the OP did), to buy a real amp and mic it up - it always makes me laugh.

Did you ever think that perhaps some people like the tones that Joey gets?

Some people happen to like the cost effectiveness of using a POD for their tones. Some folks just don't want to be pigeon holed into a single amp tone and don't have the disposable cash to have a veritable stable of amps.

The OP was asking for POD advice - not whether he should spend cash on an amp, cab, mic, preamp, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.