suddenly noise in my pod xt pro

Seriously I don't get it, it's like everyone in this thread is totally ignoring the fact that the noise IS NOT PRESENT WHEN USING HIS FIREBOX AND PODFARM. Yet it is when he uses PODxt>spdif>FireBox. Everyone is telling him shit to do like it's the first time ever using this setup. He said he has been using PODfarm without this problem for a while now and he just recently tried another way of recording and NOW all of a sudden it's doing shit. Honestly dude I would say fuck it and just do it the way you have been doing it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say.

yesterday i tried to use another guitar (LTD ec-401FM) and i had the same problem. i recorded 3 methods in my POD xt pro:
- spdif
- analog outputs
- usb direct

always the same problem with all methods and both guitars...

i repeat, recording my DI with firebox (NO POD) it works well.

006 some chance to fix my POD?

Did you try the groundlift switch? Im definitely no expert (if I'm wrong on any of the following hopefully someone will step in and correct me), but I'd definitely give that a try. Usually groundlift switches are set to "ground" unless there is a noise problem, then you'd switch it to "lift" as a troubleshooting measure, which basically disconnects the ground (or earth) circuit, thus eliminating groundloop noise and such, but leaving the device without grounding protection. I'm assuming also you've tried turning off every electronic device not necessary to the recording in the vicinity to rule out possible interference from other devices.

My (uneducated) guess is that its some sort of power issue. I'm not familiar with the firebox, but I'm assuming it has an ungrounded powersupply and would not be subject to groundloops (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong) whereas the podxt pro has a three-prong (grounded) power supply and would be fully vulnerable to groundloop problems. If you already tried the groundlift and it didnt fix the problem then I have no idea what could be going on. :erk:

EDIT: For touble-shotting purposes I'd turn the podxt noisegate off and leave the volume on your guitar up, and try the switch to see if it changes anything. Then try systematically turning off every electronic device not absolutely necessary to the recording. Also see if the noise changes at all when you move the guitar around and face it in different directions.

Did you try the groundlift switch? Im definitely no expert (if I'm wrong on any of the following hopefully someone will step in and correct me), but I'd definitely give that a try. Usually groundlift switches are set to "ground" unless there is a noise problem, then you'd switch it to "lift" as a troubleshooting measure, which basically disconnects the ground (or earth) circuit, thus eliminating groundloop noise and such, but leaving the device without grounding protection. I'm assuming also you've tried turning off every electronic device not necessary to the recording in the vicinity to rule out possible interference from other devices.

My (uneducated) guess is that its some sort of power issue. I'm not familiar with the firebox, but I'm assuming it has an ungrounded powersupply and would not be subject to groundloops (someone correct me on this if I'm wrong) whereas the podxt pro has a three-prong (grounded) power supply and would be fully vulnerable to groundloop problems. If you already tried the groundlift and it didnt fix the problem then I have no idea what could be going on. :erk:

EDIT: For touble-shotting purposes I'd turn the podxt noisegate off and leave the volume on your guitar up, and try the switch to see if it changes anything. Then try systematically turning off every electronic device not absolutely necessary to the recording. Also see if the noise changes at all when you move the guitar around and face it in different directions.

i´ll try those things today, but i think the problem is pod xt pro hardware inputs because when i use pod farm it works perfectly. where could i fix it?

I definitely agree that the noise is something to do with the Pod hardware, but the groundlift switch could possibly eliminate the problem for free and would take like 3 seconds to try.

If it doesn't fix the problem, I would contact Line6 and find the nearest service center you could send it off to. They could sort it all out if there is a serious problem with the unit, but I have no idea what it would cost, and it would probably take a while.

Oh damn, I made a whole post talking smack to those I thought were not paying attention and I didn't even realize it was any way with the POD adds the noise, :lol: mah bad.

Yeah I dunno mang, the ground lift on the POD (backside) may do it. Otherwise try to get it serviced by a Line6 authorized center.