pod xt users - my pod is working bad, help

Sep 15, 2008
i posted some weeks ago my pod was working bad (some noise).
in that time, i made a test, guitar -> firebox -> pod farm and guitar -> pod xt pro. and pod had some noise...:(

i thought: "my pod inputs are working bad..."

i made a new test:
i recorded my di track with GUITAR -> FIREBOX PREAMP and i loaded pod farm in this track. and i sent this track to my pod xt to make reamp (i wanted to see if this external di made the same noise).
and this is the result:

DI
Pod Farm
Pod Xt pro Reamp with same firebox DI

pod xt pro make the same noise at the end of the clip with a firebox DI...
it must be a internal pod problem, no inputs problem.

some pod xt user could make a reamp with my DI to his pod xt? (no pod farm, only di to his pod). i would like to see if it makes the same noise at the end.

this is the preset:
pod preset

Thanks,

Are you sure you just dont have the compression maxed? Compression increases the noise as well you know,,,

no.
same DI and patch for both clips.

DI -> pod farm
DI -> pod xt pro

pod farm - no noise
pod xt pro - noise

hehehe

i need something reamping that DI in his pod xt pro.

I've just listened to your DI, it's got a lot of noise in it, I'm just uploading a sample.

Obviously I put a compressor on it to amplify it, but it's having the same affect as a distorted amp would. When I took the gate off of the Pod Patch that I used (your one wouldn't work) it just made a lot of noise.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3526809/di noise1.wav

Look at your DI first.

I find that the Pod XT DI out is shit, I get a fuckload of noise with my one too. I just work around it.

i´ll listen your clip more late because i´m at the university and i haven´t headphones.hehe.

but, that DI was recorded with a presonus firebox, no with pod. and, with pod farm, it works perfectly, no noise.

making reamp with pod makes noise.

did you understand well my doubt?

Are you using a reamp box to feed the signal back to the Pod?

no. i send my firebox output to pod xt pro.

but, for example, if i connect my guitar to pod xt pro and record, it makes the same noise...
it must be a intern problem...:(

my tests:

guitar -> firebox preamp (to record DI) -> pod farm -> IT WORKS WELL, NO NOISE
guitar -> firebox preamp (to record DI) -> pod -> it makes noise
guitar -> pod -> it makes noise

all recorded or reamped with pod makes noise. i think it´s a pod problem...

independently of the pod problem, is that a good di? it´s only guitar directly to my firebox preamp.
(it works well with pod farm)

Send it to Line 6? If you're having a problem and think it's the Pod, then address that and have them look at it?

The DI was very noisy though and like I said, when I ran it into my Pod, it made a massive noise

Send it to Line 6? If you're having a problem and think it's the Pod, then address that and have them look at it?

The DI was very noisy though and like I said, when I ran it into my Pod, it made a massive noise

wow, i listened my DI with headphones and i listen some noise at the beginning/end.
that is normal????

it's only my new esp eclipse (emg81) directly to my presonus firebox preamp...
must i turn down gain in firebox preamp?

i gonna make a thread asking for my di...

I'm just curious and dont own either, but wouldnt having POD Farm make the XT unnecessary, at least for recording?

christ, is that amount of noise really worth worrying about?
douchey shit.

even if the noise gets amplified through some high gain distortion it's not going to fucking matter in the context of a full mix, especially after he's edited out the silences and got a bunch of other shit going on.

no more POD TACT for you
cop.gif

christ, is that amount of noise really worth worrying about?
douchey shit.

even if the noise gets amplified through some high gain distortion it's not going to fucking matter in the context of a full mix, especially after he's edited out the silences and got a bunch of other shit going on.

as always, thanks for your answer/help.
i continue thinking my di is not noisy but i'll listen more opinions.

no more POD TACT for you
cop.gif

erroneous thread man. not speaking about "tact", tone, gain,...hehe

Ive just listened to it. To a large extent I agree. Its not a bad signal/noise ratio.

I can hear something that sounds like a whine just before the gate kicks. I get a very similar thing with guitars/pods near to some USB powered devices (last time, a keyboard with gay lightup keys), some things with a hard drive and some mobile phones.
Normally this sort of stuff invades your signal through your guitar pickups. Check how you've got stuff set up because the POD might be picking up some interference. Switch off as much shit as possible when you're tracking. Move stuff around.

Ive just listened to it. To a large extent I agree. Its not a bad signal/noise ratio.

I can hear something that sounds like a whine just before the gate kicks. I get a very similar thing with guitars/pods near to some USB powered devices (last time, a keyboard with gay lightup keys), some things with a hard drive and some mobile phones.
Normally this sort of stuff invades your signal through your guitar pickups. Check how you've got stuff set up because the POD might be picking up some interference. Switch off as much shit as possible when you're tracking. Move stuff around.

thanks for your answer shred101.
i didn't think in that possibility.
tomorrow i'll try switching off some things. for example, my fucking iphone has a lot interferences, it isn't a normal thing because it sounds through my hifi system, my monitors...hahaha.

Thats an interesting noise. I get it all the time, rofl. For me the it's usually because I am too close to my computer/hard-drive like shred says. If I back away a foot or two, it goes away.

Thats an interesting noise. I get it all the time, rofl. For me the it's usually because I am too close to my computer/hard-drive like shred says. If I back away a foot or two, it goes away.

interesting answer.
i record literally next to PC.:rofl:
today, i´ll try to make a test a bit moved away and turning OFF my mobile phone.

Youre sending the DI into the line input, right? Not the regular Guitar input?

yes, but, if i send to guitar in it makes the same.