pod farm for XT PRO

Sep 15, 2008
next week, i´ll have in my hands POD XT PRO.
i know with X3 pod farm is free but, with XT PRO, i´ll have to pay 49 dollars?
and...if my pod xt pro has model packs, pod farm will have those model packs available?

thanks

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to get the iLok version for $99 and not bother buying a POD as it'll just be used as a dongle...?
Unless of course you plan to use it on stage.

Well, yes in that respect it is cheaper. However, I had downloaded the iLok trial and really liked it and then a PODxt Pro fell in my lap so instead of paying $100 for it I'm going to save $50 and get the same thing. I will be using the XT to monitor in real-time when the guitarist/bassist is tracking their part, while I record the DI tracks and use PODfarm to monitor on those DI's afterwards but am able to tweak settings if I feel like it, etc. It actually made doing things a little more efficient for me while saving me $50.

You should also know that if you have the iLok version, you cannot run PODfarm in standalone to just jam around on or anything. You HAVE to be in a host and HAVE to be monitoring the signal through there. With a Line6 unit like the XT Pro, XT Bean, etc. you can use the standalone version if you choose. Now, I know obviously if you have a XT sitting there why would you want to use the standalone? Doesn't hurt to have all the options ;) That's just how I view it though.

Well, yes in that respect it is cheaper. However, I had downloaded the iLok trial and really liked it and then a PODxt Pro fell in my lap so instead of paying $100 for it I'm going to save $50 and get the same thing. I will be using the XT to monitor in real-time when the guitarist/bassist is tracking their part, while I record the DI tracks and use PODfarm to monitor on those DI's afterwards but am able to tweak settings if I feel like it, etc. It actually made doing things a little more efficient for me while saving me $50.

You should also know that if you have the iLok version, you cannot run PODfarm in standalone to just jam around on or anything. You HAVE to be in a host and HAVE to be monitoring the signal through there. With a Line6 unit like the XT Pro, XT Bean, etc. you can use the standalone version if you choose. Now, I know obviously if you have a XT sitting there why would you want to use the standalone? Doesn't hurt to have all the options ;) That's just how I view it though.

Sounds like you'll be using the XT Pro for DI...I personally wouldn't do that. You'd get better results running running the guitar into a good DI & pre and monitoring with Pod Farm, once again eliminating the need for the hardware unit...

Plus, it'd only take me a few seconds longer to open a host and load the VST than running a standalone version...
Reaper -> Project Templates -> Pod Farm standalone jam - or whatever.
Plus, I'd rather run it as VST anyways in case I want to record some ideas right away!

To clarify, no - I will not be using the XT to DI. I have a DI box and will be using that before the XT to split the signal to the XT and my interface. I will be using the XT to monitor while tracking DI's and dick with when I just wanna noodle or something.

To clarify, no - I will not be using the XT to DI. I have a DI box and will be using that before the XT to split the signal to the XT and my interface. I will be using the XT to monitor while tracking DI's and dick with when I just wanna noodle or something.

Fair enough if you're getting the Pod for peanuts, otherwise I wouldn't bother with a hardware unit for studio work.

I agree, like I said I was intent on purchasing the iLok version but before I got that chance a XT Pro came along and I realized I could get PODfarm for $50 after I had made that deal. It's not like I thought "oh, I'll just get this XT Pro so I can save $50 on PODfarm!" lol

I agree, like I said I was intent on purchasing the iLok version but before I got that chance a XT Pro came along and I realized I could get PODfarm for $50 after I had made that deal. It's not like I thought "oh, I'll just get this XT Pro so I can save $50 on PODfarm!" lol

:lol:
Takes up another 2 units of rackspace too!

i dont know, im personally quite glad that i got the pod xt. yes i do only use it as a massive dongle wen recording, but for me its an invaluable late night jamming tool, and i might use it live as well, so i think its money well spent