Getting rid of POD xt fizz.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
Haydihoo,

I just got myself a purdy second hand Pod xt and i'm liking it till know, only i would like to know how i can get rid of some of the fizz that happens with these.

i know alot of pod xt users had this problem in the beginning and i know the Pod xt takes alot of time tweaking for a good sound, i just don't want to reinvent the (pod xt) wheele again if you guys can just stear me in de right direction!

At the moment i have it upgraded to 3.0, no metal pack and a cool Bc rich with Emg81's, so if anyone can give me some pointers it would me much apreciated!:kickass:

Get the metal pack - as the deizel lead amp is pretty cool - but the best or most realistic tone I've found is from the Dual Rec model - that kicks ass - as does the slightly shitty sounding 4x12 30's with the mic off axis - very realistic. But as for the fizz - i find myself applying a gentle LP at 9-10k depending on the part and whacky the mid up for body and cleaning up the mud after.

Be cery careful with the screa,mer model it cant really add a nice punch but just a little as it can really make your sound grey and flat.

Andy's setting method works really well - find the sound you want from the mid range first with others turned down. You get a real clear tone that way.

Thanks!
I must say that this is allready helping alot! just been at it and it was indeed too much highs which made the sound fizzy (digitally fizzy... yuck...), and getting more gain out of my screamer then the amp helped too i must say.
thanks alot allready guys!

moose, were would i find those settings?

I myself just got an XT and I am running it with a mahagony ESP with EMG 81's in it and I am getting some amazing tones and feel with some of the amps, I have the 3 model pack bundle and the metal shop is awesome, definately worth the money. I am getting an amazingly accurate mesa recto tone by oddly as it may sound the ENGL powerball model paired with the 4x12 green 25's and the boost+EQ.

I'm getting accurate fender tube amp feel from the line6 throttle amp and the cornford with either the screamer or one of the OD sims or the boost+EQ stomp, if I close my eyes and imagine the amp I can really really feel it, it's awesome.....

I still don't understand the EQ and where to cut or bump it? I understand the EQ on the front with the dials but not the one "inside", anybody have any pointers or good sites to study up at?

Yeah, that ts808 with everthing on 50 is the way to go. And back off on the gain of the amp model. Just like a real rig. I pretty much use it with every amp model. I need to get that metal pack. Is it available for the xt live?

Gnash said:
Yeah, that ts808 with everthing on 50 is the way to go. And back off on the gain of the amp model. Just like a real rig. I pretty much use it with every amp model. I need to get that metal pack. Is it available for the xt live?

yes, i believe it is.

Seizure. said:
moose, were would i find those settings?

Andy posted a patch using the dual recto setting a long time ago - I'm really sorry dude I have no idea how I got hold of it - it may still be on the backstage website. Anybody else know?