POD 2.0 Pro v.s XT Live

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
i can get a pod pro 2.0 right know (which is rack... big plus...) or a pod XT for around the same price.

what would be the better choice? i know meshuggahs nothing is recorded with the pro 2.0 and some tesseract demo's which both sound pretty damn good... but hell... most XT recording sound awesome too... and opinions on both units are divided... some even like the 2.0 better because its thicker...

choices:erk:

I've got a PODpro 2.X right now. I am happy with it.

Sure, I can't DL Kazrog's tones, but then that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

I run it through a board, through, and perhaps some outboard gear in the loop.

I've not A/Bd it with an XT or XTlive.

dreamcatcher said:
I've got a PODpro 2.X right now. I am happy with it.

Sure, I can't DL Kazrog's tones, but then that's not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

I run it through a board, through, and perhaps some outboard gear in the loop.

I've not A/Bd it with an XT or XTlive.

got a soundclip or something?

I honestly never heard anyone say that he prefers pod 2 over XT.
And if anyone does, i would say that he is deaf.
I'm not saying that pod2 is crap. I owned one before i get the XT and got some decent tones, although i almost exclusively used the modern higain simulation and a overdrive pedal in front of POD was needed to tighten the tone.

But XT is a big improvement over pod2 so i would say that there's not really a choice here...you just go for the XT.

I used a POD Pro for the longest time, and I loved it. The rectifier model kicked ass on the old Pod. But, with all the features and more amp models I switched to an XT with the model pack. I didn't see it fit to keep using the old Pod when I only liked one amp sim on it. The rec sims suck on the XT IMHO, but I love the 5150 sim and the Bogner sims....

I'd go for the XT......

Wanna buy mine?

I had a POD 2.0 bean for years before I bought my XT Live. When I first got my XTL, I hated it because of the stock models. I bought the model packs, and now I'll never get rid of it. The 2.0 has such a rediculously muffled overall sound to it compared to the XT with model packs. I use mine for my band's live shows, I just go into a D.I. and then to the P.A., and I've gotten a ton of compliments on my live tone, as well as a bunch of guys saying "dude, where the hell is your amp?" I like the XTL more than the Pro and bean version because the buttons are all there, accessible to your feet. Sometimes I use a slight delay/reverb on my lead guitars to seperate it some more from the rest of whats going on, and I don't have to switch patches or turn a knob...just stomp on it, do the lead, stomp on it again. Plus it takes a huge beating.

One night I got so drunk, and I threw my XTL across the stage. I was pissed because I thought it was broken because there was no sound coming out, when in fact, in my drunken stupor, I had forgotten to plug my guitar cable and my output cable in, lol. It still works perfectly, and not a scratch on it. I love it. Plus the built-in wah/volume controller kicks ASS.

~006